A bit of a legal question

IlSan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,
Now, I am sure that somewhere amidst the many many entries the same / similiar question has been posed, sorry for not finding it...

Another photographer and myself have decided to do a 20-15 shot series on Hong Kong life (urban style shots) and would like to take to the streets in order to photograph people in their every day setting.
Problem with this now is, that I have no clue how this would work in regards to model releases.
I tend to only work in the studio with models (which is fairly clear how it works there) or stick to wildlife (never asked a tiger for a model release), so I am a bit at a loss here.

Anyone can give me some tips?

Maybe also in regards to who to ask about this? (Government office maybe??)

Thanks a lot in advance,
Cheers

Pat

You may have to wait for someone with experience with this sort of info, who is from Hong Kong.

You may have to wait for someone with experience with this sort of info, who is from Hong Kong.
+1

who is from Hong Kong and familiar with the laws there.

Here in the US, model release law varies by state.

Yeah, that is what I was worried about ;)

Just thinking - if I were to ask the government on this issue, seeing that there are a ton of photographers around HK, pretty sure they would need to be able to provide an answer to my question...

Most reactions

Back