A bit of advice for anyone new to photography..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Create an account on Flicker, Photobucket or any online album... Document your journey and save those horrible images. You'll be glad you did. Those images will help you see how much you have grown when you're feeling discouraged and you're not feeling like your making any progress. I had that very experience tonight..I was looking at my old Photobucket account that I started three years ago when I started photography. The images were painful to look at, but when I compared them to my current images, it made me feel good. I have a long way to go, but I've also come a long way in three years.

Happy New Year!!

Create an account on Flicker, Photobucket or any online album... Document your journey and save those horrible images. You'll be glad you did. Those images will help you see how much you have grown when you're feeling discouraged and you're not feeling like your making any progress. I had that very experience tonight..I was looking at my old Photobucket account that I started three years ago when I started photography. The images were painful to look at, but when I compared them to my current images, it made me feel good. I have a long way to go, but I've also come a long way in three years.

Happy New Year!!

I agree! I personally make images private on flickr when I no longer like them. Sometimes I delete them altogether but usually after quite a while.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!
Excellent advice!

I say...
keep yourself and everything anonymous for the first few years.
don't save anything until you are sure you have a consistently good product.
leave no evidence of bad pictures.
Then, when you are a good photographer, start fresh with a new online identity, say you are just starting out in photography, post your "beginner" shots, and bask in the warm glow of everyone's amazement of your "natural inborn talent".

I say...
keep yourself and everything anonymous for the first few years.
don't save anything until you are sure you have a consistently good product.
leave no evidence of bad pictures.
Then, when you are a good photographer, start fresh with a new online identity, say you are just starting out in photography, post your "beginner" shots, and bask in the warm glow of everyone's amazement of your "natural inborn talent".
i put funny on this because I REALLY hoped you were joking.
O.P. I look through a lot of my not so wonderful shots. I hear ya.

Most reactions

Back