A bit of advice for the new members..

kundalini said:
Wouldn't that be more akin to an onion? The layers thing? At least that's what Shrek was trying to tell Donkey.

Ok let me stick with one metaphor only then...

Some of you noobs are going to stink like an onion and make my eyes burn when I see your pictures.

.... that just sounds soo bad like that.

But when we peel the rotten layers off we'll find a nice center? :p

Destin said:
But when we peel the rotten layers off we'll find a nice center? :p

A Blooming Onion!

Well said Destin =) I am also relatively new but before I burn your eyes out with my horrible shots I want to learn more about photography in general first and how to use a DSLR. You shouldn't see C&C threads from me for at least another few months if not longer. Got to finish these books that were suggested to me and get more field experience shooting.

Here is a tip for the rest of you new comers. I have learned a TON just by looking at others people's threads who ask for C&C. What I do is before reading the responses I try to find whats wrong or could of been done better in the photo's posted. This has helped accelerate my learning immensely as I am a visual learner.

Well, I'm new to this site but not to photography. I was just looking for another place to hang in between my pt job and the other sites I am on. I don't mind constructive criticism but I don't like rudeness. I don't think is called for if you are a professional. Each individual has their own taste on how their photo should look, so I take or leave the criticism. I just don't think one should be overly rude or make fun of someone learning. I'm sure we are all still learning...and remember, we all started the same way. Just my opinion.

So far I like the site...but I'll stay away from you Destin...LOL!! (just kidding!)

As a new member I appreciate the direct approach that you intend to take.

That's probably the main reason I registered yesterday. I'm looking forward to the CC from all when I begin to post images.

Damn, I forgot how bad this forum gets around tax return time and Christmas. And it's not really the new members that cause the problems. It's the old members who feel like they need to start threads to make blanket statements about the new members.

Should be an interesting next couple of weeks.

Good Advice MLeek! Don't even get me started on the "google it before you ask here" thing though. ugh. I hate this time of year on here.

Geez, Destin!!! How is your brother, the Grinch? lol!

kundalini said:
Wouldn't that be more akin to an onion? The layers thing? At least that's what Shrek was trying to tell Donkey.

Ok let me stick with one metaphor only then...

Some of you noobs are going to stink like an onion and make my eyes burn when I see your pictures.

.... that just sounds soo bad like that.

Oh man oh man.. where is Ballistics when we need him? :)

cgipson1 said:
Oh man oh man.. where is Ballistics when we need him? :)

You think that sort of conflict is actually needed around here? Gimme a break, really Charlie.

Well i'm new here, i found this site a wk ago, and have been reading alot.. I just posted my first pics today, They aren't anything special to you or any professional, they are things that caught my eye, something i found interesting. Everyone knows someone out there will not like there photos, u might be a professional, but i might not like ur photo. In the photography world, i'm a NOOB big time. I will never ask for cc, not for a very long time, but if u look at my photos, and u see something i can change or try again, say it, type it. But saying someones photo just plain sucks, That's a little harsh! How will the person ever get better if they just get "it sucks". Just my opinion that's all.

kreeperxj said:
Well i'm new here, i found this site a wk ago, and have been reading alot.. I just posted my first pics today, They aren't anything special to you or any professional, they are things that caught my eye, something i found interesting. Everyone knows someone out there will not like there photos, u might be a professional, but i might not like ur photo. In the photography world, i'm a NOOB big time. I will never ask for cc, not for a very long time, but if u look at my photos, and u see something i can change or try again, say it, type it. But saying someones photo just plain sucks, That's a little harsh! How will the person ever get better if they just get "it sucks". Just my opinion that's all.

We should be working on our interpersonal skills too. Yah, a lot of complaints about the "just plain sucks" comments...you are right about that.

kreeperxj said:

We should be working on our interpersonal skills too. Yah, a lot of complaints about the "just plain sucks" comments...you are right about that.

I have NEVER seen a member of this forum with over 100 posts say a photo just plain sucked without saying why.

It's usually long the lines of: That photo sucks because it's out of focus, blurry from too slow of a shutter speed, underexposed, and poorly framed.

Now that type of explanation might now be nice. But it gives you alot of feedback as to what to look for in your photos, and THAT is worth more than it's weight in gold.

Don't worry about all the chest pumping that's going on in this thread....lol Just start posting!! Have an open mind w/ the comments you get and you'll be fine. I can't wait to see some of your work!!

" just plain sucks" isn't gonna tell u to work on ur shutter speeds, or lighting or d.o.f. "Just plain sucks" is gonna tell u to put down the camera and find a new hobby or profession. I just plain suck now using a camera and i just plain sucked before at kayaking, but there are alot of nice ppl out there that will point u in the right direction and then u can be just plain awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back