A bit of fun - FinePix S5600 Zoom

hazaabb13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey,
At the moment i have a normal point and shoot camera and asi use ti for sports photos the blur and delay are beginning to annoy me. I would liek to buy the Finepix s5600 zoom as its cheap, and has the fetures i would like, e.g. A quick shutter speed.

Also would there be any fisheyes that i could attach to this camera as i know the lense is not removable. If so what are they called and where could i buy them in the uk.

Thanks alot,
Harry

If you want a quick shutter speed, to be quite honest you really need an SLR.

Sure, the 5600 would be an improvement over your current camera, but there will still be some amount of lag and delay.

B&H has a Pentax K110D with an 18-55 lens for $459, which would convert to roughly 235 pounds. You can then get a Sigma 70-300 zoom lens for around 66 pounds. Altogether, that's about 300 pounds, which is not much more than an S5600 would be. Just something that might be worth considering.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...216&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=396822&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

And yes, B&H does ship to the UK.

I just found out i have more money than i realised.

I think i am goign to go with what you advised. Do you think that the import fees will make the camera and lense cost more than if i had just ordered in the uk in the first place.

According to B&H, it's about an extra 32 GBP to ship to the UK.

I don't know what the main camera stores are in the UK; I do know that B&H is the most trusted one here in the US. The merchant ratings Pixmania has are mixed; some good, some bad.

The great thing about the Pentax is that there are so many K-Mount lenses available for it. Just to clarify, the price I mentioned was after the $50 mail in rebate, as I'm sure you saw...

If i ordered from uk it would be alot and i mean ALOT more expensive. Also what is rebate, i dont think we have that in england, but i did notice that the price is lowered?

Yeah, there is about a 25 GBP mail in rebate, but you are right, I don't think that is available in the UK. So add that much to the price.

The 350D is a great camera; I'm using the 18-55 lens and the 400D, which is (as you may know) basically that camera with 2 more MP's and some added features.

The 350D and the 18-55 lens will give you great results. I recommended the K110D because I knew you were on a budget; but if you have enough money to get the Canon, that's the one to buy.

There is also the Nikon D50; but for around the same price, the 350D is the superior camera in my opinion. I also recommend adding a polarizer; it will help immensely for shots outdoors in sunny conditions.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=110177&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I believe that you would be thoroughly satisfied with the 350D's capabilities.

Thanks alot, you have no idea how happy i am that all my questions were answered thoroughly and quickly.

I am going to order the camera package sometime in the week. Maybe the polarizer aswell. Expect to see pictures up by me frequently as i will be asking for tips :p

Thanks again

harry

Oh, no problem. :) The best way it's been put is that when you buy a DSLR, you are buying into a system of support and lenses. Canon has, in my opinion, some of the best lenses that you can buy. As you grow in your abilities, you'll want to add more glass, and you won't be disappointed with what is available to you.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results you get with your new camera. There are many wonderful folks on here who will be able to help you a lot once you start posting pictures. Best of luck to you!

Just to clarify, there's a difference between shutter speed, which is how long the shutter is open, and shutter delay or shutter lag, which is how long it takes before the shutter is triggered after the button is pressed. A fast shutter speed will help you capture motion, but most modern cameras have a fast enough shutter speed for that. If you want to stop and Indy car, you might need the faster speeds of a pro camera.

However, many of the cheaper cameras have shutter lag, which can cause you to miss a shot altogether.

If you are getting blurred photos now, are you using a program mode, or are you on Tv mode and setting the shutter manually to an appropriately high speed. The aperture also has to be able to open up high enough to handle the high shutter speed. This will also help prevent camera shake.

The camera i have now doesnt have any settings, its a Aiptek PocketDV 8800 neo, some chinese camera.

Most reactions

Back