Hoppy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
According to Lostprophet 8 miles from Purgatory
Website
www.ianhopgoodphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken during Race 1 of the British superbikes at Donington Park England, before the snow and sleat.

All comments on taking better shots and improvements in the digital darkroom very welcome. I always want to learn more....:)

Leon Haslam

Scott Smart

Karl Harris

Leon Haslam leading Gregorio Lavilla

Hope you like ;)

click image for larger view
Ian

One thing I noticed, is that the subject is centred in the frame, in every shot. That tends to make for boring composition. One easy to use technique is to use the rule of thirds, split the frame into three, in both directions and place the subject on one of the intersecting spots.

For moving subjects like this, it's usually better to have more space in front for the subject to "move into".

Also, if you could zoom in or crop closer, I think it would help these photos...as the background and foreground are no too exciting and don't add much to the image.

Thanks for that.
This is the down side of using AI focus it only uses the centre focus point, one shot focus would not have worked as they were going at 110+ mph at the time. These were taken with 600mm lens, abit of cropping is in order.
Try better next week.
Ian

Could you pre-focus and just wait for them to ride into your focus zone?

Hoppy, whats going on??? Your shots are normally better than this. They all look a bit soft to me.

lostprophet said:
Hoppy, whats going on??? Your shots are normally better than this. They all look a bit soft to me.

All taken with AI focus. thought i'd try it for a change. Think I'll give up and do knitting instead !!!:er:

Not bad for superbikes tho... I've failed to take pictures of them before many times!! Did the IOM once... no hope! Look forward to some sharper ones when the weather picks up!

Rob

Hoppy said:
All taken with AI focus. thought i'd try it for a change. Think I'll give up and do knitting instead !!!:er:

Here's a new tip for you, use CF4 and set it so you focus with the * button on the back and the shutter button fires the shutter and takes the exposure reading. Its takes a bit of getting used to but its much better

Listern to the expert mucca ;)
When have I ever been wrong??? well...yeah I know

Most reactions

Back