A Bit of the Solar Eclipse at Sunset

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We only got a tiny bite out of the sun before it set here but was still neat!

My Favourite shot.

Geese Crossing.

See the snake?

Nice shots. I like the geese crossing the best. I'm not seeing the snake.

We had a great eclipse in Southern California. I'm still half blind from looking at it. No ring of fire here.

Great shots! I'm hoping to get mine up in the next few days. I was about 3 miles south of dead center. Ring of Fire!

WOW! That's awesome!! I got several shots of crescent but since I used the welders glass, everything came out just yellow/green. Did you use any sort of ND filter or something?

Awesome you got to shoot pictures of it! it was so overcast here that you could barely see it at all.

This is all I got using the #14 welders glass. When the sun was almost covered, I tried getting a picture with the camera at f/32, 1/4000 and it was still too bright. Maybe I should get myself a ND filter. I even shot in RAW. Anyone has any tips to get anything better out of the RAW images? :sexywink:

$546193_407643622609624_100000919688714_1180507_215569669_n.jpg

I was only able to get this one with my cell phone.. I had some special glasses, but I didn't know in advance that I was going to have them, or I might've brought an actual camera along..

$575249_10151613615558912_619803911_9726985_685946727_n.jpg

Thanks Desi :) That's ok about the snake lol I saw it first in the viewfinder but alas perhaps I'm just being weird again ;) lol

LittleMike, thanks :) Woot! Can't wait to see your pics :)

Shuttervelocity, thanks :) I didn't use anything since the sun was so low I treated it like a sunset pretty much, we also have a cloud of dust that is sitting over us from the dry gravel roads that added another bit of "filter".

Sw1tchFX, thanks, booo that you didn't get to see/shoot it :(

Lorigon, Nice capture!!

Bhop, cool, at least you had some description of camera ;)

Pixel, yeah, you got very lucky there. Even at max coverage, it was still too bright to get any pictures for us. Congrats!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back