A black car

JimmyAtlantis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
178977370_7043e5ead0_o.jpg

Who can explain to me why the steering wheel is distracting and what's wrong with the composition? TYIA! :thumbup:

The end of the pipe should be in the frame.

I would have liked to see shots that are angled, from outside the side of the car but slightly behind the steering wheel, with different heights, possibility of seeing a little of the dash?

one from the outside front, possibily showing one headlamp, again with differeny heights.

Nice looking car.

Best to all,
AltLars

I agree with Mark C. (Points to the rhyme). A blurred background would make it perfect.

Cars are very hard to photograph well…there is so much one wants to include, but not have the photo look too busy. I prefer the composition (collage) approach wherein various unique characteristics of the vehicle are included, inset in smaller photos, i.e. the unique elements of a Cobra include: front-end (open, oval snout says “Cobra”, side exhaust, original style wheels, hood scoop, flared fenders, color and stripes (original colors), dash and if installed, the reversed linkage of the Ford “Top Loader” gear shifter…Photoshop is the right tool for this job. Or, do a series of photos, which illustrate each unique element. The over all car could be photographed at a different angle, as others have suggested…this would help a great deal. Also keep in mind a black car is not the most desirable color for a car photo, so I would try to include the strips and chrome or other signature emblems to compliment the basic black and be careful with lighting setups. I have been a car builder and have shown cars for over 35 years and these are but a few of the suggestions automotive magazine photographers have mentioned to me over the years.

For other ideas, there are a number of Cobra Internet sites that include photos.

The only negative comment I have, other than what others have already mentioned, is that I feel the car is too close to the background and it’s (background) competes with the car.

Look forward to seeing more photos of the Cobra.

the steering wheel is not so distracting... but I'd like to see the whole pipe

I think the steering wheel "pops" a bit because it's red and against a green background so there's a strong contrast.

I think the pic works... ish... but when I first saw it I thought that car had black and white potential written all over it. I'm thinking a head-on or 45 degree angle shot with a partly cloudy sky and a polarizer ... nothing else. You should be able to Level some love into and make some deep contrasts.

The car is friggin beautiful so it should be easy to get a good shot of it. Just try it out at all different angles with different backgrounds and see what works... then ask yourself why it works.

I have plenty other shots of this car if you guys want to see them. They still need some pp work. I picked this one because I felt it had the best image quality, and to be honest, I love the steering wheel. I agree with what rmh159 said about it. The reason I asked about it being a distraction is because that's what I was told on another forum.

I think this one's a little soft. Too close to the background...

183726567_39b7dea17e_o.jpg

I think the car dissapears into the background, you should've chosen a background that contrasts the car more. :)

that second picture is great, and that car is pure sex. Anyways some masking in PS to tone down the highlights in the sky would really help that picture. Again the aperture is too high, with the F/16 that you've used for that shot, too much of the scene is in focus, taking away from the beauty that is the cobra. IMO. Nice shots though, I'm very jealous of your subject.

Most reactions

Back