A blue-eyed beauty (3 pics)

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some recent portraits of a very bright and sweet little lady. C&C welcome! Thanks for looking.

1. She just would not let go of the bear...oh well.
IMG_5923_2_600.jpg

IMG_5960_2_600.jpg

IMG_5968_2_600.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

That second photo is downright WONDERFUL!
The blue-eyed-ness of your little "Blue-eyed Beauty" comes out best in that photo. I also love how the light spreads evenly across her face, how you set your DOF and focus, that it is a 3/4 portrait - and, of course, how her blue eyes SHINE in that one!!!

But, in fact, all three are nice, only the middle one really stands out for me.

Number 1 and 2 are very good. I love the color in 1 and 2, the fact that she didn't let go off the bear in 1 probably help the picture as it show more of her personality. Number 3 is a little dull for me, the color of the skin is a little off I think, still not a bad picture though. Great job overall.

I also agree that the middle one is best but to be a perfectionist I would have changed her angle a little toward the camera...enough so that the bridge of her nose does not cut through her left eye and her lower lip is a touch in from the far side of her face.

skieur

I also agree that the middle one is best but to be a perfectionist I would have changed her angle a little toward the camera...enough so that the bridge of her nose does not cut through her left eye and her lower lip is a touch in from the far side of her face.

skieur

Thanks skieur. I can see where that would help. I like how you notice details like that. Thanks a bunch for the feedback and comments.

NJ

AWe! She does have beautiful eyes! I love that she is holding her bear in the first one. That's the kind of photo I like, when someone is just being themself. And it's the kind I like to have of my children. The whole point for me is to capture a moment in time that you can't ever get back to help you remmeber when it's long gone and with these you have done just that. :)

Hey, thanks so much for the nice words Kathi! I'm so glad she held onto the bear then! LOL. More people seemed to like it better that way. I didn't push the issue with her because I didn't want to ruin her good mood. She was actually really cooperative and likes to have her picture taken, imagine that.

Thanks again, your input really counts. Much appreciated! :D

NJ

I love the first one...great exposure and lighting.

Are you using flash for fill? If so, do you have it up on a bracket or off camera somewhere? I can't see a flash catch-light in that one. It looks like a higher light in the 3rd one.

I love the first one...great exposure and lighting.

Are you using flash for fill? If so, do you have it up on a bracket or off camera somewhere? I can't see a flash catch-light in that one. It looks like a higher light in the 3rd one.

Hey, thanks Mike! No, didnt use a fill flash. I used my new 43 inch 5-in-1 reflector to throw some ambient light to the front so that it balanced better with the back light. Since it was already late in the day and the sun was a nice golden color, I used the white reflector surface instead of gold. On gray overcast days, I plan to use the gold surface if I need to.

In the third one, this is actually just ambient light in the shade and nothing else. So, no fill flash there either.

Thanks for the nice comments and also your questions!

NJ

Nice series all three. However, the second even though my favourite (pose, composition, and colour wise) seems a tiny bit soft focused. It seems the ear got the sharpest focus. #3 needs a little warming up of her skin tones.

Most reactions

Back