A blue-eyed beauty (3 pics)

These are really great, lighting, DOF, etc. She is a real beauty and you have captured her at her best.

Wow NJ, she is a beautiful little girl!!!! Your photos came out amazing!!!!! I notice that you brought out her beautiful skin tone. I love the pose with the Teddy in number 1 but I would have to say that #2 is my favorite. You can beat a happy smile like that!!!!!

I love the second one!! She is a beauty!! Great job!

Nice series all three. However, the second even though my favourite (pose, composition, and colour wise) seems a tiny bit soft focused. It seems the ear got the sharpest focus. #3 needs a little warming up of her skin tones.

Ya, that's probably true that it was not exactly in dead focus. Although I aimed for the eyes, she was getting a little fidgety by the time I took this one, since I had already taken about 20 snaps. I was pushing my luck with her attention span as it was...:wink: Thanks for your comments!

These are really great, lighting, DOF, etc. She is a real beauty and you have captured her at her best.

Hey, thanks Scooter! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Wow NJ, she is a beautiful little girl!!!! Your photos came out amazing!!!!! I notice that you brought out her beautiful skin tone. I love the pose with the Teddy in number 1 but I would have to say that #2 is my favorite. You can beat a happy smile like that!!!!!

Thanks oldnavy! Yes, it sure helped that she was cooperative and in a good mood for this shoot. I think I got lucky...;) :D Thanks for your generous comments.

NJ

#3 is my favorite. Her expression is great and the pose is ver innocent and elegant. The lighting is best in it as well. At first I thought an umbrella had been used on it until you said it was all natural so good job seeing the light. The light in it has more direction than the flat lighting of the other 2.

#1 is cute of the girl but the lighting is dull and boring (except for the backlighting which I think is its saving grace).

#2 doesn't do much for me. The smile is cute of the girl, of course, but for looking away portraits or profile portraits, etc. the lighting needs to shape the face for it to be interesting. Flat lighting, even though it's soft, will not shape the face like directional light. The sun spots on her hair are distracting so you could have hit 2 birds with one stone by placing a black reflector on a stand to block the sun from hitting her hair and it would also block light from the broad side of her face giving the illusion that you added a light when in fact, you took light away. This is called subtractive lighting. Give it a try. :)

Other than that I'd say just fix a few stray hairs and warm up #3. Nice job.

#3 is my favorite. Her expression is great and the pose is ver innocent and elegant. The lighting is best in it as well. At first I thought an umbrella had been used on it until you said it was all natural so good job seeing the light. The light in it has more direction than the flat lighting of the other 2.

#1 is cute of the girl but the lighting is dull and boring (except for the backlighting which I think is its saving grace).

#2 doesn't do much for me. The smile is cute of the girl, of course, but for looking away portraits or profile portraits, etc. the lighting needs to shape the face for it to be interesting. Flat lighting, even though it's soft, will not shape the face like directional light. The sun spots on her hair are distracting so you could have hit 2 birds with one stone by placing a black reflector on a stand to block the sun from hitting her hair and it would also block light from the broad side of her face giving the illusion that you added a light when in fact, you took light away. This is called subtractive lighting. Give it a try. :)

Other than that I'd say just fix a few stray hairs and warm up #3. Nice job.

Hey Jubba,

Ok, this is quite a bit different than most of the replies I've received so far, but valued and appreciated nonetheless! Wow, thanks for the great tip on subtractive lighting. Neat concept. Now, I'm definitely going to have to try it! Thanks. :D

NJ

That second photo is downright WONDERFUL!
The blue-eyed-ness of your little "Blue-eyed Beauty" comes out best in that photo. I also love how the light spreads evenly across her face, how you set your DOF and focus, that it is a 3/4 portrait - and, of course, how her blue eyes SHINE in that one!!!

But, in fact, all three are nice, only the middle one really stands out for me.

I agree she is adorable love #2

OMG...those big beautiful blue eyes...and you captured them perfectly. My fav is #2...Awesome:thumbup::thumbup: I love the angle on #2:thumbup:

AWWWW!! #1 is the cutest picture I've seen in quite a while. You're lucky to have such a cute subject to work with...and great job capturing that childhood innocence in the shot.

Even though everybody has already said this, number 2 is drop-dead gorgeous.

What cute pics, especially loved #2 and I think that the bear adds character to the shot in #1.

Most reactions

Back