A Boy's Wings

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is the rest of the series from my entry into this months "In Flight" contest (Photo #20)

I was just invited to come along with the person who was originally asked to take their photos, which turned out to be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately the other person wanted to take them in the mixed shadows/light, so a few have those awkwardly 'mottled' backgrounds, and the tree that was causing this effect growing out of the people's heads. I do believe the couple were quite pleased with the shots I showed them, so that was the best part of the whole experience :)

Harsh critique appreciated.

flickrYJ8R9791.jpg

flickrYJ8R9774bw2.jpg

3. Argh, cut off his other shoe
flickrYJ8R9773.jpg

4. This one has a slightly humorous story behind it. He was running to pick up the tennis ball (just above his ear) and tripped. When he rolled over, his mother just broke out laughing about his 'swimsuit model' pose. So, here is the poser baby.
flickrYJ8R9813.jpg

5. Burnt highlights, and a tree coming out of his noggin, but look at that look on his face as the train shot by.
flickrYJ8R9795.jpg

6. If anyone has a calibrated screen, can they help me with the colour balance with this photo? I just switched screens and it looks even worse now.
flickrYJ8R9866.jpg

7. A boy and his volleyball
flickrBallCollagecopy.jpg

flickrCandyCollagecopy.jpg

P.S. I did receive permission from his parents to post these as well as put the photo in the contest.

Thanks for looking

#1, 2 & 8 are my faves here. Fantastic series. You already pointed out the things I would have ;) Love your portrait style, these are truly great :thumbsup:

1,2 and 3 very good.

I don't like the series but thats a pers thing.

I also like 5 even if its technically not spot on, its a good picture

1 is my fave, lot of fun and warmth in the picture and great interaction between them

I really love the 1st two the best. I also like how you did the collage. Do you normally put one together for your clients with children?

AprilRamone, I actually have never done a formal session, especially with a child, before this (though it is awfully tempting now. I work with children on the weekends, so now I am going to be tempted to ask the parents if I can practice on their sweet little ones.)

For these two, I wanted to send the couple smaller file sizes with all of the images that were acceptable enough to show, so I quickly threw them together in this fashion. For the second one, none of the photos stood by themselves very well, as it was essentially him sitting in his stroller sucking away for 5 or so minutes. (No worries for the mothers out there wondering who would give a kid his age two sweet sticks, he probably only completed a third in total)

If I was to ever make this a side business, I am not certain whether I would add collages/montages as a printable option, but it sure is fun to do!

Thanks once again everyone.

great portraits!..... these have a great vibe to them... very happy/bright/sunny type feel to them..... good work :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back