A building I'm obsessed with

What in the world is that building that people have such free rein to paint. We used to have a building here in Pittsburgh like that filled with graffiti but I think it closed in the '50s the one you shot looks so modern.

Favorite is number 3. Gorgeous green walls and round windows. The high contrast definitely works to lend these a mysterious horror-film look.

photelle thanks glad you like the 'vanishing point' shots....JIP it's public housing for approx two thousand people, built in the 70's as an experiment. The thought at the time was to create a village enviroment with all facillities in a single structure, it failed but people still live there, there are a couple of shops left and a pre-school. There is currently an attempt to re-design the complex with applications invited from archietects in Italy. If this happens then I suspect the artwork will disappear so I want to shoot as much of this building as I can. Aquarium Dreams thanks a lot, when I first saw this place it immediately appealed as a film set for horror or sci-fi.....a5i736 thanks....Shane it is indeedy.....DWilks thank you very much....The Empress :) glad you like them and can relate to my obsession.

I can see why you're obssessed with this building.

I have a building that I habitually stalk, thankfully nobody has rented it out as office space yet so I can take all the pictures of it that I want, it's like a dream place to photograph..the building is orange with dark windows and on the corners it has a very shiny green "tube" design which has circular "rails" going around it. I'd post a picture but I'm not sure if I should.

I can see why you're obssessed with this building.

I have a building that I habitually stalk, thankfully nobody has rented it out as office space yet so I can take all the pictures of it that I want, it's like a dream place to photograph..the building is orange with dark windows and on the corners it has a very shiny green "tube" design which has circular "rails" going around it. I'd post a picture but I'm not sure if I should.

glad you get it.....go on post an image, you've got my interest already :).

glad you get it.....go on post an image, you've got my interest already :).

I've just realised that I've only got photos of the green swirly bit on this computer.

I'm going into that part of town again this weekend so I will drag myself to the building and get some differing snaps.

Anywho, here we go (any suggestions re. how to take better pictures/edit them are apprreciated:) )

6u6up7m.jpg

I know I should have tried to cut out a bit of the tree on the side but I wasn't as camera aware as I am now, these are taken in August and I have hopefully come on leaps and bounds since then, all the pictures were taken in non manual mode (I've got a Sony, I took them on the camera icon).

6ypkaqv.jpg

I edited this one and it came out a bit too dark, I'd have liked the railings to be a bit more silvery.

72isioi.jpg

That's just the greeny corner bit I was talking about :)

HomerS that building looks very very interesting and very difficult to expose well in that light.....is there space to vary the angles or point of view on the property. I think your last shot is exposed the best....I'm thinking low light and long exposure for this structure :). David thanks very much, I was attracted by the lines and the contrast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back