A bunch of Dallas night shots

Fast lens and high ISO with good flash. That's where I would start playing. :)

I agree. I was wondering how you were in ISO 100 and you were taking night shots. But you did get great!

i like every thing ecept 1 . #1 the tops of the trees are blurd and the bottom are not? unles its wind or post processing, dont make sense, maybe its just me, but then again who am I to judge. just my 2 cents

Thanks! Anyone have any pointers on how I could improve with them next time? Composition is where I struggle most of the time.

Fewer beers... JK.. Surprised nobody beat me to it.

I'm jealous of your ability to take shots like the one of The Market where the light is top left, but didn't mess up the shot and make it dark.. I'm still very new and dying to learn the intricacies of night photography.

Hmm, you could use a flash for close up items, but if you want to take a picture of an entire building or a cityscape, the flash isn't gonna help you a bit.
I like to use the lights of the setting to create my shots. The different types of lights put out different colors. I have never used a flash with my night photos.

Also, I shoot at ISO 200 if I have a tripod to have minimal noise.

Give me my camera, a tripod and a good set of shoes and I am off! (Oh and in the case of Dallas, a photography group of 40 people for protection!)

Here are some of mine from Dallas:
http://www.lyncca.smugmug.com/gallery/5227861_ZmGFt#317545765_QrJnr
(I didn't want to take over your thread, so I'm just linking to them.)

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to comment on your pictures. I really like the composition and curves of the second one, but the others just seem to lack a real strong composition or subject.

Keep shooting. Night photography is my favorite :)

Most reactions

Back