A candid that came out pretty good?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is one planned that came out nicely, taken in Galveston, TX

IMG_0506.jpg

This was another shot taken in the car the other day... my problem so far has been getting things in focus... does it look in focus to you... i think its pretty good, but I wonder whether is should be cropped so she fills the frame....

IMG_0558.jpg

She looks kind of under exposed and the huge blow out from the window, bear and on her sleeve are way distracting. It looks like the (camera left) eye is in focus but your DOF was to shallow and her other eye may be slightly soft...not sure. Anyway it's to bad about the blow out cuz it's a cute moment.

What ^^Sweetsomedays^^ said.

Also, if you want to crop part of her head off, I think getting it a bit closer would help as well. It would reduce the window and........it would reduce the window

IMG_0558-1.jpg

Is that a pretty good crop to reduce the effect of the window, though it is still very present?

The sweater near her elbow seems to be the sharpest focus. On the first one, the top of the hat and pink sleeve.

-Shea

The sweater near her elbow seems to be the sharpest focus. On the first one, the top of the hat and pink sleeve.

-Shea

Thanks, that helps me see where i went wrong focusing... i just wish i knew how it came out to be that i focused on those points... maybe i was messing around and had the camera set to auto- focus point selection... definitely something i need to work on- FOCUSING, you would think that the whole "autofocus" thing would be easy, but there's a lot more to it than one initially assumes... Thanks for all the input everyone!

Definitely try a few with manual focus. On some rigs there is even bracket focusing, a safety feature of sorts. I once shot all day and 90% of the shots were slightly out of focus, then I messed with the dioptric adjustment and got much better results.

-Shea

Well, you could always try a single point. I find it makes it much less work if I do it that way.

Most reactions

Back