A Cat's Moment in Time

Mistilyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was messing around with my mom's not too camera friendly cat while she was trying to take a nap. Unexpectedly, she started posing with her toy mouse (the bright red object in the picture). I love the way the light brings out the color of her eye in this one.

12-19-2006AlexsMomentinTimeweb.jpg

I like the cat itself alot, and the red, but the part of the pillow that it is on that is at the bottom is very distracting, It needs some croping but other then that I like it.

Hi Mistilyn, welcome to ThePhotoForum :D!

Yes, you are right, the light that reflects in your mom's cat's eye is really nice - AND your mom has a nice cat, for this one moment did NOT show how camera-un-friendly he/she really is. Very kind of him/her! :D

Yes, the bottom is distracting, but this can easily be remedied by a simple crop. ;)

Thank you for the comments! :sillysmi: This photo was directly off the camera. I haven't played with it at all yet. I agree about the part of the blanket at the bottom being distracting. I'll play with cropping it and see if I can remove that without cropping out too much of the photo.

Ok, so I played with cropping the photo a little bit. This was the best one that I came up with, but I'm not really happy with it. I feel that some of the feeling of the photo was lost in cropping it. Any suggestions?

12-19-2006AlexsMomentinTimeEditedwe.jpg

If for yourself the feeling that you got out of the original is lost and you are missing it, then leave this one uncropped by all means. It is your photo, after all, and you must like it the way it is and be happy with it. And if a cropped version makes you any less happy ... then go back to the original.

Most reactions

Back