A challenge in B&W

dennybeall

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.citrusphotorestore.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Everybody seems to like Photoshop challenges, I think that's why they are often brought back to life time after time. Anyway, here's one for you if you're up for it?????
If this one is too hard I'll do another one soon.......
James Mahoney - Annas Father.jpg

Did you want someone to clone a left ear for him? I assume he had one, unless he happened to be an Impressionist painter.

Up to you, I did. Actually needs a whole new left side....."A Challenge in B&W" is after all the title of the post.
I must admit I didn't know my great-great-grandfather so he very well may not of had a left ear???
Not sure what that is in bottom right corner, may be a babies head??? I cloned it out.

JamesMahoney-AnnasFather1_zps6981a63c.jpg

Here's a quicky

His left ear (the one missing in the original should not be as bright. Notice the shadow on his left cheek and left neck, well the missing ear would also have some shadow on it.

Both look good, the second may need the added portion moved just a hair to the left but all in all looks good.
Fixing up old photos is fun and quite satisfying when you can recover a memory. This particular photo is the only one known of this person. Both of the submitted ones are better than this one I did a few years back.
I'll dig out another challenge one of these days..............
James-Mahoney---Annas-Father-before-and-after.jpg

Had a try at it. First picture I've ever really done in Photoshop.

Old_Photo.png

Very nice. Right up there with Lew's

Here you go dear. Hope I did it justice. :586:

Attachments

• James Mahoney - Annas Father edited.jpg
    James Mahoney - Annas Father edited.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 408
  • James Mahoney - Annas Father Edit 2.jpg
    James Mahoney - Annas Father Edit 2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 355
All the attempts look good. Thanks for participating. Fixing up old or damaged photos can be a challenge but you can have fun and learn a lot doing it.
I've got a box full of old ones so will look around and start a new challenge.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back