A Chilly Day

oh m i like this one very much!

My only suggestion would be the lighting you used. Its not a bad idea to use a flash outdoors, regardless of how soft the lighting may seem. You just have to choose your flash wisely. The flash I would have used would of been a ring flash, which would create a halo around her eyes. In order to not loose the soft lighting you'd want to keep a distance, depending on the flash I'd say at least 5 feet.

When someone looks at a picture / image they typically go to the brightest section first, which in this case is the sweater covering all but her eyes. A ring flash would force the viewer to her eyes first, then the rest of the image.

Everything else is right on. I like it without a ring flash, but I think I'd like it more with one :)

Thanks a lot for the advice, and taking the time to explain why it could be better.:wink:

Unfortunately a few pieces would prevent that. The lack of a ring flash being the worst part. :lol: Secondly, it was taken off the cuff while walking around Manhattan so I likely wouldn't be carrying it if I owned it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back