a conversation with god.

Pleasetakeitkind

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_2004-1.jpg

I'm not really religious, so it comes off as cheezy.. like one of those pictures of the sunset you'd see in the pamphlets at sunday school.

Amazing how they replaced the lights in the fluorescent fixture above my workstation at work and that photo was completely black on the bottom viewed at work from the so bright light above me. Now that I'm home, I can see it.

I fail to see the cheesiness mentioned above. I like the composition and how you used the top of the tree to frame it and the unknown object strategically placed a few feet from the subject to balance the image. The pastel-like colour gives the scene a calming effect. The subject might be a bit dark, but works for this photo in my opinion.

I fail to see the cheesiness mentioned above. I like the composition and how you used the top of the tree to frame it and the unknown object strategically placed a few feet from the subject to balance the image. The pastel-like colour gives the scene a calming effect. The subject might be a bit dark, but works for this photo in my opinion.

It's the title that makes it cheesy.

Well, I think it could deal with being just a bit brighter. Even on a couple good monitors I had to strain my eyes to see the subject. I think the scene was excellently executed, and the pastel softness of the shot really adds to it, but it could certainly come up a bit and still retain that feeling. The other thing is that tree. Someone above this post said they like how it framed the shot, but I disagree. Most of the shot is clean, soft, sweeping lines, which adds a spaciousness to the photo, but the tree just distracts from it. I might have cropped it out.

Nice work

Edit: Wow, OK. I didn't realize just how bad the backlighting was in here when I posted that. It's plenty bright when viewed in a room with controlled lighting!

Last edited:
It's pretty cool except that you seem to have cut God out of the picture entirely. Was that intentional?

*cough*

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway...

Pic seems fine I guess. I question the exposure and color balancing choices. I actually think you should cut the bush on the left out... otherwise it kinda looks like "man yells across dead space at bush". If you do that, it may work better for your intended concept, regardless if anyone happens to click with it personally.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back