****A cool TV show on OLN****

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if anyone has see this show on OLN called Photo Safari but it's very cool. The whole show is about how to take pictures. They bring someone who is new to photography and teach them to use a camera. Everyone should check it out :shock:

I've been watching this program for about a year. I was turned on to it by a guy that edits the show right here in Missoula, MT! It is on at a disadvantageous time for all of us that have to work for a living. This is a great reason to buy a TIVO! Watch shows when you want! I'v had mine for a couple of years and as anyone who owns one can attest, it is AWESOME!

Cool, i'm gonna have to check it out.
BTW trbo, isn't Missoula, MT where the movie A River Runs Through It was based?

I'm not a big fan of this show. I have only seen it a few times.

I don't like how they stop a video frame with a viewfinder super-imposed and we're supposed to infer that this is what the photographers' pics look like. I want to see the actual photographs that were shot.

I also find it a bit boring when the pro photographer takes the celebrity-guest photographer through the photo one step at a time. Tips are fine, but let the guest dig up a little creativity of thier own. I want to see the pro's photo and the celebrity-guest's photo. I like seeing the differences in several photographers' use of the same subject matter. And personally, some of the most exciting photos are taken by complete amateurs who don't know any better, and they smash the rules and come up with something brilliant.

And the final thing is that there is no way I'll ever afford that gigantic, bazooka(Canon) lens. Occasionally they need to throw in a guy armed only with a 300mm f/5.6 and a teleconverter.

Most reactions

Back