A Cornish Sunset

Bios.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Over all a nice set. Picture #1 just doesn't do anything for me. Now picture #2 is by far the best of the set. Just a super composition, with great control of the available light. The darkish rocks just adds the right amount of balance. Picture #2 just seems to me that it would be that much stronger as a landscape format. I understand why you decided on the portrait format with the rock in the foreground, but it just not big enough, and your angle is to high above it to pull off the portrait concept effect.

Thanks for the detailed reply Joel. #2 is definitely my fave. #1 I want to reshoot in the morning with the light in front rather than behind. I did shoot #3 landscape at firs but for some reason when I was sorting them this one seemed better, I might go back and dig out the landscape orientation for another look.

Some nice shot there,ill be down in September to try and get some nice shots, have you been down to Porth Nanven down at St Just some great shots to be had as you go into St Just turn right at i think Commercial Hotel and drive down Cott Valley

No never been there but seen loads of amazing photos from there. I live in Falmouth so it's a little further than I normally go to take photos, I definitely need to get down there though!

I don't understand what Joel means by landscape format vs portrait format in pic #2. Are you speaking about depth of field? or somethig else?

Bios. said:
No never been there but seen loads of amazing photos from there. I live in Falmouth so it's a little further than I normally go to take photos, I definitely need to get down there though!

Its only down the road, but remembering when i worked round Falmouth there should be some good photos to be had i remember Milor being a nice place

In my opinion, #1 is a very strong image. As is #2. strong set overall!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back