A couple buildings (critique me)

Jimee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Shot in German Village in Colmbus. Something feels wrong with them, though I can't put my finger on it. I'll easily be able to (and plan to) revisit it, but if anyone has any critiques before I do that, I'd appreciate it.

3windows1.jpg

purpleWidecrop.jpg

I think I either need to take the first from a different focal length, or from the opposite side (or both). As for the second one, it seems a little dull (and the pole is covering one of the windows :p). I tried messing around with levels in PS, though I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing when it comes to that, but I got something I like a little better:

purpleWidecropvibranter.jpg

If someone wants to take a better stab at that, you have my blessing (and then some). Maybe I need to completely redo the comp too. Anyways, thanks for looking.

2&3 seem to lack a focal point or point of interest. There are too many blus frames to make just one stand out.

Not sure about #1. I think you're right to go along the lines of your focal legnth though.

Personally, I really dislike these sorts of photos. How could a photo be enhanced by the highlighting of a few parts of the photo? The original photo is quite simply the best thing as opposed to the modified version. I think the originals of those photos are the best. That's just my $0.02.

nothing to really make you look at them. a person or object (car, scooter, goat..) would add interest.

I think that 2 &3 are the original and the improved version. But I'm not sure.

There is always some value to a shot, at least to the shooter. Some better than others, some shots are just to fill the roll before processing, but he had some reason to point the camera where he did.

Most reactions

Back