A couple for C&C.

Luigihope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my first ever set of strobes and took them out to see how this whole thing works. I have seen quite a few people getting amazing strobe shots so I had an idea of what I wanted and even when I took probably 70 shots this time I got a few that I feel are not that bad but wanted some expert opinions to improve. I failed a little on composition but it was just the excitement of all the things working together.

4347997516_c9510273de_b.jpg

4347236503_c1083179e6_b.jpg

It looks like from the catch lights in the eyes that you are only using one light. I would bring that light up a little higher so that it is at a 45 degree angle looking down on the subject. I would then reflect some light into the shadow side of the face if you have a reflector, or you can use a white board or sheet, but you need to cut down the highlight to shadow ratio. Start with that and eventually you can add a hair light and background light. But you have a great subject there and it takes a while to learn lighting.

Thank you for the feedback, will try that next time. Indeed I was only using one light since this is my first set of strobes and do not have much equipment yet. Hopefully will get some more in the near future to take care of those hard shadows.

Most reactions

Back