A couple night shots

Insomniac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I took these in downtown Washington DC after a long day of shooting the cherry blossoms on the Tidal Basin. I was tired and in a hurry, so I forgot to turn on the noise reduction setting for such a long exposure it really would have helped. Thought I'd share a few of my attempts.

DSC_0182web.jpg

DSC_0168web.jpg

Well wow. Cool.
With these up here now, I shall NEVER show you my attempts at night photography in Washington D.C. any more, I fear... Where were you, insomniac, when we had the TPF Meet-Up on 7/8/9 April??? Given you were there a week before when the cherry blossoms were still there (we missed them :().

LaFoto,
Thanks for the comment. I remember thinking that you guys were going to miss the blomming of the cherry trees the day I was down there and they were at peak bloom. From the pictures posted, looks like you guys had a nice time. Maybe next time I'll join you guys.

Here's a pic I got when the tree's were in bloom. Hope it doesn't upset those who missed it. :grumpy:

DSC_0121web.jpg

Oh-oh-oh, but it DOES. It DOES so much!!! :cry:

These are the sorry remains that we got to see on "our" weekend there:

148454758.jpg

148454761.jpg

148454762.jpg

148454764.jpg

:(

Sorry for hijacking your thread with these... they are only a means of communication here.

LOL, if it's any consolation there must have been a million people downtown that weekend and it was extremely difficult to get any sort of shot. Maybe you'll have better luck next year. You managed to get a couple nice ones!

Lovely shots! Nice nighttime views, and that's an awesome blossom shot, with the clouds and reflection. Thanks for sharing. I hope to someday see the cherry trees blooming in DC.

Beautiful pictures. That is one place that I would really like to go at some point. You did an excellent job capturing these historic monuments

Most reactions

Back