A couple of B/W pic

RandyB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new here! And was wanting some sugestions on my photos. BTW this is my first picture post here.

Track-south.jpg

Tracknorth.jpg

I'll welcome any commits and suggestions!

DSC_0013_012-1.jpg

Thanks, Randy

Well you're on the right track with finding lines in the first one, though it's a bit flat.

The purple in the second one is burning my corneas.

shot #1 - the picture is overexposed and appears somewhat out of focus

shot #2 - the picture is overexposed and appears somewhat out of focus

Railway pictures are attractive because of the strong lines. I prefer the lines to be in focus, but artistically how you compose the shot it up to you.

To make these shots better you can try the following -

1. Buy, install, and use a circular polarizer to help with your blown out skyline

2. Try shooting these styles of pictures at sunrise and sunset when the color temperature is more soothing

3. For me I would shoot this at F9 to F11 to get detail throughout the entire image. This means switching you shooting mode to Aperture Priority and selecting F11 and let the camera decide the shutter speed for you

4. Make sure the tracks are in focus as they tend to play the lead role in these types of shots

I think you shoot with D60? If so you can also experiment with the Active D-Lighting option which is good for variable contrast pictures like these.

Have Fun

Well you're on the right track with finding lines in the first one, though it's a bit flat.

The purple in the second one is burning my corneas.

Alpha, hi! I don't really know what your saying. I'm new to this. I have taken thousands of pictures, but not like this.

shot #1 - the picture is overexposed and appears somewhat out of focus

shot #2 - the picture is overexposed and appears somewhat out of focus

Railway pictures are attractive because of the strong lines. I prefer the lines to be in focus, but artistically how you compose the shot it up to you.

To make these shots better you can try the following -

1. Buy, install, and use a circular polarizer to help with your blown out skyline

2. Try shooting these styles of pictures at sunrise and sunset when the color temperature is more soothing

3. For me I would shoot this at F9 to F11 to get detail throughout the entire image. This means switching you shooting mode to Aperture Priority and selecting F11 and let the camera decide the shutter speed for you

4. Make sure the tracks are in focus as they tend to play the lead role in these types of shots

I think you shoot with D60? If so you can also experiment with the Active D-Lighting option which is good for variable contrast pictures like these.

Have Fun

Thanks for the suggestions, this is my first weekend play with the D60. Still alot to learn!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back