Vermillion lakes:
mountains-IMG_3308.jpg

Canmore moonset:
moonset-IMG_3389.jpg

Mt. Rundle:
mountrundle-IMG_3193.jpg

Calgary:
citytonight-IMG_3463.jpg

Cheers. It's been awhile since I've been around here, figured I'd post a couple of recent shots.

Super landscape photography here. How could you deprive us of such good photos for so long, Walter, just HOW could you!?!?!? ;) ;)

That moon setting is another total stunner.
I love all the others, too, here, the wonderful reflections in those calmest of waters and the wonderful sky above Calgary, but that moon pic ... Wow!!! :love:

Gorgeous! I absolutely love each and every one of these; cant think of a thing I'd change :) More, please!

Raymond J Barlow said:
incredible shots.. could you comment on equip, set-up and editing (a bit) pls??

Editing was pretty standard - just slight curves for saturation/contrast, resize, sharpening. The first one (Vermillion) was desaturated until almost monochrome, but the colours are natural and unchanged from the shooting conditions. I used my 350D + 17-40mm lens for all of these except for the moon. I did the moon with my 70-200mm from a hotel balcony (as I noticed the moon approaching the mountain ridge), on a shaky horrid tripod setup (I had to mount the tripod column horizontally to get around a piece of the hotel balcony, which when you have a 200mm telephoto attached is not a very good way to do things). Otherwise there's not much to say; the calgary skyline was near sunset (with polarizer), rundle was right at sunset, vermillion was post-sunset on the same day I shot rundle, and the moon one was late at night after dark.

The EXIF information is intact I think; get something like FXIF (my favorite) to view this from your browser. With FXIF you can just left click and see EXIF information in the "properties" dialogue.

http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/fxif/

Cheers

LaFoto said:
Super landscape photography here. How could you deprive us of such good photos for so long, Walter, just HOW could you!?!?!? ;) ;)

Heh, thanks... it's been awhile hasn't it. Looks like you've been pretty busy with 12,000+ posts and moderator status now :)

WOW. These are all awesome!!!!! I cant pick a favorite!

OMG these are wonderful! amazing! o lol! I love those pictures! they are fabolous!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back