a couple of geese

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Long time, no post, so I went to the park this morning and shot mostly film, but did manage to get a couple of fun digital pics as well.

This first one was standing just perfectly so it looked like he was standing on one leg. Then he folded his neck and- Perfect stork pose!

goose002.jpg

This one was checking me out while I was changing a roll of film. Snuck right up on me. This is from about 15 feet or so...

goose001.jpg

Jim

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
nice shots, my favorite is the second one ... colors are vivid :D

trbo187

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
While the first catches a great moment, I too like the second shot better. Don't wildlife photos look so much better when you capture the reflection off of the subjects eye?

chinadollphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Love the second shot as well. I do believe it is better when your photographing an animal/bird/reptile etc. that you need to make sure it's looking at you through the lens. Makes such a difference.

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the second one too, nice bright colors,
think the background in the first one is distracting :scratch:

OP
photobug

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Yeah, the background in the first one sucks, but this is basically a trench dug with with a bulldozer, so there isn't any way to get down to the water without getting wet up to your waist & covered in goose crap & well... I just ain't that dedicated for a scouting mission! :lol:

I need to go back with bread crumbs or crackers so they don't run off so quickly. Even though they get fed constantly & are generally quite tame they will wander off as you approach unless you have food for them.

The second one is from a mixed group of white domestics, a smaller goose I'd not seen before (& haven't identified yet) and these mixed breeds. Notice the black bill & orange feet. This is a domestic goose crossed with a Canadian. Black bill, grey back & neck, orange feet, white bottom. Rather funny!

Several times a day they parade single file across the road, stopping traffic as they go. Rather amusing to watch. :D

Jim

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Yell, I under you can’t all way have a good background, if you get a chance to get more shots think DOF, I know Monday quarter backing, I have used the blur command a few time to add a DOF affect with photo software (I use Corel), but the results have been mixed

Tyjax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jwtyler.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good snap first. :ROFL: But that is one uppity goose in the second. needs taken down a notch.

Most reactions

New Topics