A couple of new shots for C&C Please.

Nautifish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These photo's were taken this past week of the light house here in the small town i reside in....I would appreciate your comments and feed back on the compostion.
Thank you so much.

Nikon D5000.

lighthouse333.jpg

Lighthouse222.jpg

piersunupthismorning.jpg

onthebeach-1.jpg

I love the first and last photo. The second one the focus seems to be in the wrong place, and the slant is distracting. The third one, really isn't interesting for me.

I like the first, because it is nice and sharp, good architecture and very linear. The forth is great because I can put a story to it and the lighting and color is cool.

I like your first. I think I'd love to see a B&W with a little more contrast..

ry%3D400

Just a real quick fix. I didn't contrast much because I liked the little bit of definition the floor had, and didnt want the sky to look ridiculous.

Try not to leave your camera on 800 ISO when you're shooting outside... it hurt these images I think.

#1 looks like it was supposed to be a work of symmetry, but the benches are weighted to the right side. Also, the ground/deck is mostly blown highlights..

#2 - the whole picture needs to be rotated clockwise a few degrees to be straight. The lighthouse is a little too far on the right side of the frame, would have been better to use the rule of thirds here and leave some space to the left of it.

#3 - the blurry foreground rocks and the huge radio antenna hurt this image a bit. Also it looks oversaturated.

#4 - liking it. Sometimes it's interesting to have your subject so close to the bottom of the frame I think. I've seen some photojournalism shots that use this style and it sometimes yields very dramatic photos. I do think the image quality is suffering on this one. Not sure if it got hurt in resizing or uploading to the web, hope your original is a bit cleaner.

Didn't mean to be harsh, just my take.

ry%3D400

Just a real quick fix. I didn't contrast much because I liked the little bit of definition the floor had, and didnt want the sky to look ridiculous.

Thank you for that dcMoody....Allthough honestly not sure if i like it in Black & White and i happen too like Black & white Photography...lol.

Try not to leave your camera on 800 ISO when you're shooting outside... it hurt these images I think.

#1 looks like it was supposed to be a work of symmetry, but the benches are weighted to the right side. Also, the ground/deck is mostly blown highlights..

#2 - the whole picture needs to be rotated clockwise a few degrees to be straight. The lighthouse is a little too far on the right side of the frame, would have been better to use the rule of thirds here and leave some space to the left of it.

#3 - the blurry foreground rocks and the huge radio antenna hurt this image a bit. Also it looks oversaturated.

#4 - liking it. Sometimes it's interesting to have your subject so close to the bottom of the frame I think. I've seen some photojournalism shots that use this style and it sometimes yields very dramatic photos. I do think the image quality is suffering on this one. Not sure if it got hurt in resizing or uploading to the web, hope your original is a bit cleaner.

Didn't mean to be harsh, just my take.

Thank you for that Reznap & u are not being Harsh...Actually the 1st Photo i was more concerened about if i should have had the Benches at the front of the Photo In focus and not the light house. That was concerning me more than anything else to be honest. But i do like the way it has come out.

It is really hard for me too tell if the image quality has been Decreased because i am useing an old Monitor which really sucks.:er:.....It looks fine on mine but i am sure it looks totally different on a new & MORE UP TOO DATE Monitor.

Thank you so much for the feed back everyone.

Nautifish.;)

Most reactions

Back