A couple of pets

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a couple pictures of my dog and cat. I realize I could've made the picture of my dog a bit brighter... critique welcomed.

P2070336.jpg

P2040322.jpg

actually that cat needs to be brighter and needs a WB check. the dog picture is kind of gross.

Hi dab, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Nice pets.
The cat is a bit dark, that is the one that would need some brightening. But I also find this crop too close. At least the eyes should have been open at the time. A pity that they aren't ... and I mostly feel that the triangle ears of a cat are essential to a cat portrait. (My opinion).

Focus on your little dog is not perfect, I feel it needs to be on the eyes in close-ups like this, not on the nose. Though I do see you went for his licking his nose and for the pink tongue. But I really long to see the eyes in focus, too, so maybe a smaller aperture could have helped.

Thank you for your opinions. Yeah, I think I would've liked picture #2 better if I had focused in on her eyes. In #1, I had a lot of junk in the background, so I cropped into his face a lot more. Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

Back