A couple of pics a little C&C please

photobymike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple pics that I just recently took. Please let me know what you think.

misc190-1.jpg

misc246-1.jpg

The first photo is the better of the two, and demonstrates "point of view". The photographer was low, lower than the toddler, which makes the boy look large and dominant in the photo. The lens was actually low-low enough to get a real feel for the lawn with the blooming clover. The strong sidelighting on his face gives a real feeling of late afternoon sunlight. The kid looks adorable, and like he's having a great time, out there sitting on the lawn. This will be a wonderful memory photo for many years.

The second photo also shows late afternoon sunlight, this time shining more or less straight into his eyes, but unlike the top picture, the light is not modeling his features--it is simple front lighting. It is also taken from an adult, elevated point of view, and the boy looks very small because the point of view is much higher than he is, and also because the boy is framed low in the composition and only his armpits and higher are shown. This shot is not nearly as strong and well put together as the first photo. This shoulda' been a vertical, shot from a crouching position.

I agree with Derrel. The light on the face in the first photo is beautiful. In the second, it causes a flattening (not as flattering) effect.

at first sight i liked the 2nd one but the more i look the more i like the 1st one ...for me it's the background that did the trick....

The background, his expression, and the light on his face are really nice in the first one. I like the lower perspective too

Most reactions

Back