a couple of pics i took XD CC

Chyeah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im new to photography the first two were taken with a point and shoot and the other three with a old film dslr cam.

mountains.jpg

waterdrip.jpg

darklake.jpg

lakepic3.jpg

lakepic2.jpg

Yes, Film DSLR is an oxymoron. It would be a 35mm SLR or you could say a "Film SLR". SLR stands for "Single Lens Reflex" and describes the method of seeing through the lens using the viewfinder using a system of mirrors, rather than above it like on point and shoots. It gives you an almost exact representation of what the image coming into the camera is.

The "D" in DSLR simply stands for "Digital". That's why you can't have a "film DSLR". It's either film or it's digital.

BTW: XD is an emoticon. It's usually used to mean "Doh!"

As far as the pictures go:

#1 is a nice example of leading lines and proper use of a centered subject. Nicely done. Although the sky is juuuuust a bit blown out in the trees.

#2 looks like it has some motion blur and exposure issues. I'm guessing it was low light with a flash? Try again with your SLR and use a tripod and a longer exposure.

#3 is nice, but I would have put the focus on the rocks and closed down the aperture a bit more to increase your depth of field. As it is, it looks a bit "soft". Good composition and exposure, though.

#4 looks over saturated. Tone back the colors some in post processing. Also, this is a good example of when NOT to center the subject. The rocks in the foreground are overexposed, as well. A slightly faster shutter would fix that. Google "composition photography" and "the rule of thirds". Keep in mind, these rules can be broken, but a good understanding of them will help you out. If you don't already know how to read it, look in your manual on how to read the light meter. It will help a lot.

#5: Watch your horizon. You're water's going to spill out of the frame. You can crop the picture in post processing (PP) to fix that. Bumping the contrast up some would give it more "pop", too. What speed film were you using? It looks a little grainy. With that much light, you shouldn't need a high ISO film. Good composition in this one, again and your exposure is good. The focus is a little soft again.

All in all, not a bad start. Read up on "the exposure triangle" and how to properly compose an image. You're doing well already, but a firm knowledge of why it's working never hurts.

*EDIT*

I know I wrote a book already. I can't help myself. But I wanted to ask what equipment you have (camera, lens(es), tripod, flashes, etc.) Knowing what you have helps us help you.

Film DSLR? XD? I like #4 a lot.
thanks XD lol i meant film SLR

Yes, Film DSLR is an oxymoron. It would be a 35mm SLR or you could say a "Film SLR". SLR stands for "Single Lens Reflex" and describes the method of seeing through the lens using the viewfinder using a system of mirrors, rather than above it like on point and shoots. It gives you an almost exact representation of what the image coming into the camera is.

The "D" in DSLR simply stands for "Digital". That's why you can't have a "film DSLR". It's either film or it's digital.

BTW: XD is an emoticon. It's usually used to mean "Doh!"

As far as the pictures go:

#1 is a nice example of leading lines and proper use of a centered subject. Nicely done. Although the sky is juuuuust a bit blown out in the trees.

#2 looks like it has some motion blur and exposure issues. I'm guessing it was low light with a flash? Try again with your SLR and use a tripod and a longer exposure. Well it was a point and shoot camera and i had no tripod or a flash

#3 is nice, but I would have put the focus on the rocks and closed down the aperture a bit more to increase your depth of field. As it is, it looks a bit "soft". Good composition and exposure, though. thanx. well i dont really know how to focus on the camera cause its not digital

#4 looks over saturated. Tone back the colors some in post processing. Also, this is a good example of when NOT to center the subject. The rocks in the foreground are overexposed, as well. A slightly faster shutter would fix that. Google "composition photography" and "the rule of thirds". Keep in mind, these rules can be broken, but a good understanding of them will help you out. If you don't already know how to read it, look in your manual on how to read the light meter. It will help a lot. THANX BUT I DONT THINK THE CAM I WAS USING HAD A LIGHT METER

#5: Watch your horizon. You're water's going to spill out of the frame. You can crop the picture in post processing (PP) to fix that. Bumping the contrast up some would give it more "pop", too. What speed film were you using? It looks a little grainy. With that much light, you shouldn't need a high ISO film. Good composition in this one, again and your exposure is good. The focus is a little soft again. THANX ...I FORGOT WHAT SPEED FILM IT WAS,I JUST PUT IT ON A RANDOM NUMBER AND TOOK THE PIC CAUSE I WAS IN A HURRY

All in all, not a bad start. Read up on "the exposure triangle" and how to properly compose an image. You're doing well already, but a firm knowledge of why it's working never hurts.

*EDIT*

I know I wrote a book already. I can't help myself. But I wanted to ask what equipment you have (camera, lens(es), tripod, flashes, etc.) Knowing what you have helps us help you.
I JUST HAVE A POINT AND SHOOT FROM THE YEARS 2002 I THINK IF U WANT ILL GET YOU THE NAME .AND FILM LSR IS NOT MINE BUT ITS A CANON FILM EARLY 2000 I THINK.NO TRIPODS OR FLASH

Most reactions

Back