A couple of real buttes

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this shot early this morning on the Pawnee Buttes trail near Grover, Colorado. A particular kind of sedimentary composition is what allowed the buttes to erode at a slower rate than their surroundings....they stand out like sentinels over the entire area (the eastern plains of Colorado).

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
1/500
Tripod

DSC01533800X600.jpg

Its a nice shot. Where you using a really wide, wide angle, because the curve of the horizon on the right side is kind of weird.

I like it, especially the texture in the foreground. I wonder what it would have been like taken closer to ground level, emphasizing the earth strecthing out to the horizon even more. To me the earh and the textures are more eyecatching than the sky and buttes. Good light for emphasizing the textures...

...Looking at it again it looks like you are up on a trail looking down towards the buttes? And the foreground is down also - initially I thought you were on the same level as the foreground rocks.

Thanks for all of the comments.

Kevin, no wide angle conversion lens....just the widest setting on the camera. The terrain looks weird because it really does drop off pretty quickly there.

jhall, I thought about going lower....but I wanted to have a little bit of land surrounding the buttes underneath to give them a sense of origin. And you are correct in your analysis of the terrain upon which I took the shot. Good thinking.

Most reactions

Back