limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First, after seeing a few of PixelRabbit's reverse panning shots, I had to try it. I think the tower was too close to the car, and the hills were too far away to show motion blur instead of just out of focus blur, but I got some motion blur on the reeds at the front, which encourages me to keep trying.

$Reverse pan.jpg

Second, I modified an Argoflex 75 TLR I got recently by reversing the lens. I've seen funky results from doing this to a Brownie Hawkeye and I wanted to try it. The lens must be a bit tilted because the focus appears to be off-center. The entire roll was also more underexposed that I thought it would be. Might have to use faster film. But again, I got a few things I was after and that makes me want to keep trying!

$Argoflex barn.jpg

So the shots aren't quite there, but initial results are encouraging enough that I'll be doing a lot more practicing :)

just ask PR for the raw files on her shots so you can figure out how to do them like that. :mrgreen: (just kidding PR, just kidding!)
for the "reverse panning", would you NEED to be moving fast, like in a car, or could you do this on foot?

just ask PR for the raw files on her shots so you can figure out how to do them like that. :mrgreen: (just kidding PR, just kidding!)
for the "reverse panning", would you NEED to be moving fast, like in a car, or could you do this on foot?

I'm not sure. I think it would depend on the size of the subject and its distance from the camera. This probably requires physics, which means I'll have to curse a lot and get a headache before I begin to get a better idea ;) Time to start the research!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back