A couple of shots to hang on the wall in the bathroom.

tomhooper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thomashooper.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am renovating a house and we plan to decorate the master bath with old bottles. I thought it would be interesting to have pictures of the bottles as decoration also. The spilled shot is an idea I have been toying with for several months. Finally did something about it. All in all, I was pleased with my results.

bottlesredoweb.jpg

medicinespillweb.jpg

I like the idea and the shots! Love the first one with all the color contrasts and shapes. The second one is good too, though I might add one or two more bottles that aren't spilling to add a bit of contrast of interest, if you see where I'm going.

nice i also think that a second color would be pretty kool

These are awesome. I really like the second one as it is, actually. I feel adding more bottles would take away from the focus a bit... by adding more height, I mean. I like it now, with no distractions. Great job on both! I'm sure they'll look fantastic on the wall.

What a lovely idea! And ever so nicely set up and lit and taken!
I do like the colour of what spills out of the bottle in 2 (wouldn't I?), I hope it smelled nice! Do you really have a light tent that is big enough to have STEPS inside it?

I like those! I had to look at the second one for a moment or two to understand what was happening, but it's cool. Very nice!

I really like the second one alot! Love how you got it still pouring out of the bottle, not just post spill. Did you have someone do that for you, or did you set up your camera on a tripod w/ timer and just time the spill? Great shots :thumbup:

What a lovely idea! And ever so nicely set up and lit and taken!
I do like the colour of what spills out of the bottle in 2 (wouldn't I?), I hope it smelled nice! Do you really have a light tent that is big enough to have STEPS inside it?

Two umbrella's shot through a couple of large home-made diffusers. The base is simply white poster board bent around a wooden shelf. The backdrop is piece of white cotton material. I also used a smaller flash behind the shelf pointing up to illuminate the backdrop. The green goo is dish soap.
Thanks for the compliments.

I really like the second one alot! Love how you got it still pouring out of the bottle, not just post spill. Did you have someone do that for you, or did you set up your camera on a tripod w/ timer and just time the spill? Great shots :thumbup:

I was set up on a tripod with remote shutter trigger, but my wife actually turned the bottle over and stepped out of the image field before I took the shot. I actually took a series of 8 images and picked the best.

I like the idea and the shots! Love the first one with all the color contrasts and shapes. The second one is good too, though I might add one or two more bottles that aren't spilling to add a bit of contrast of interest, if you see where I'm going.

nice i also think that a second color would be pretty kool

These are awesome. I really like the second one as it is, actually. I feel adding more bottles would take away from the focus a bit... by adding more height, I mean. I like it now, with no distractions. Great job on both! I'm sure they'll look fantastic on the wall.

Actually I had 2 additional bottles in the shot when I set it up. I took a few test shots without the liquid and I felt like the other bottles took your eye away from the main theme. I wanted it to be the only thing you saw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back