A couple of Zoo Pictures

SilentShutter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to the forum, but not new to photography. Although I am just now starting to really get into more than the basics.

These are at the Milwaukee Zoo. Most are without flash, due to a lot of the animals being behind glass.

13444_433032854743_503279743_5632446_3445399_n.jpg

13444_433034169743_503279743_5632493_8112978_n.jpg

13444_433034754743_503279743_5632513_411596_n.jpg

All of these are taken with my Olympus Stylus Tough

Last edited:
I liked the nature base photos. I lied it dude. You have captured really very nice photos. I hope that You have passion to collected animal photos. I wish that You will come with few more photos.

I have a photo of the exact same jaguar, I would darken it a little, and try to get attention away from the background. Personally I found that a different angle worked well. (Im from Milwaukee as well)

Here's what I did:
Tired Jaguar by CapturedbyCatfish on Etsy

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not from Milwaukee, but was down there and decided to visit the zoo for the first time in like 10 years. I know with my new camera, I would've gotten better, more balanced pictures.

Yeah I'm from South Milwaukee (By Oak Creek and Cudahy) and I would honostly suggest playing with different angles.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not from Milwaukee, but was down there and decided to visit the zoo for the first time in like 10 years. I know with my new camera, I would've gotten better, more balanced pictures.

I recently went to the zoo. Taking photos through glass can offer many challenges. The glass may not be clean. Is there lighting behind you when shooting through the glass, which sometimes negates an angle you are trying to shoot from. People to the right, left and behind you will reflect in the glass. Those are my experiences with shooting through the zoo glass.

If the subject is at a certain location, so are all of the people. How about the pushing and shoving when everyone is jostling for an angle....

I will say that I almost took out a bunch of rude middle school kids (btw: kids - defined as goats ;)) when they would not stop shoving each other around at one point. I wanted to throw them in with the bears...:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back