a couple reflections

Buntz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this was my first trip into the woods with my camera. i like to hike so there should be more to come.

Look%20Beyond%20the%20Obvious%201%28small%29.jpg

Look%20Beyond%20the%20Obvious%202%20%28small%29.jpg

Hi, welcome to the board.

If you want to go for reflections try to find an spot where there's less "background" (the rocks in this case), perhaps somewhere where the water is deeper. In this photos my view continually switches between the reflections and the rocks in the water which is quite distracting. I also can't make out a "message" in this images. Also some of the leaves in the water surface are way overexposed. Depending on the camera you have you should check for overexposure either in the histogramme or maybe there's also an indicator for blown out highlights right in the image you get on the display.

i sorta like the swithcing between the reflection and the rocks, i realized that the water wasnt deep and was anticipating this. but i do agree on the overexposure. It's something i'll watch out for a little more from now on.

Welcome to TPF :D

I like the first shot. It almost looks like a double exposure with the super shallow water. It's got some hot spots, but I don't find them too distracting. The reflection could really be drawn out with a little contrast boost.

yeah i liked the first one better also, with the rock out of focus. i think it draws more attention to the actual reflection.
i thought the same thing about the double exposure. its funny how you can find things in nature that it took man millenia to figure out

(edit)
I could have taken the shot from a more shallow angle, making the water more reflective so you would see less of the rocks at the bottom. Something to think about for next time i guess.

Cool shots. Welcome to the forum!!!

Buntz said:
i sorta like the swithcing between the reflection and the rocks, i realized that the water wasnt deep and was anticipating this.

I'm with you on this one, I like that the photo has the option to switch focus and view two pretty completely different images, good work IMHO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back