A cute little girl

roxysmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took family photos this weekend and this one is my favorite. I'd love comments!

Attachments

• $DSC_2903 .jpg
    $DSC_2903 .jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 136
Cute kid. You have a good DOF and the photo is fun. However, I'm not feeling the composition, the color seems a bit drab, its not very sharp and the shadow over his eye is very distracting.

It is so challenging to get everything right in a photo. Practice makes perfect I suppose. In this situation she was crawling across the grass towards me so to get focus on her eyes was challenging. Any suggestions on how I could have done this shot differently?

If you were shooting at your max aperture, then you can stop it down a bit. You don't have to shoot at f/2.8 to get good bokeh. If you stopped it down a bit more the focus range would be higher.

If you are not already, choose just the center focus point. Focus then recompose and shoot. If the subject is moving into OOF then try switching it into AI Servo (on canon).
If you do not have AI servo or don't have time to switch into it, then I zone focus (knowing what my DOF will be) beforehand and anticipate the shot. That takes a bit of practice but it works well. Hope that helps.

That was informative,.. and a reminder to utilize, or at least try that AI Servo function. Thanks from the sidelines.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back