A D700 for every day of the week....

PhotoWrangler

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.themodernmutt.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm assuming there is something in the air, maybe its the new DF, or the moons aligned, but there seem to be an awful lot of mint D700's on the market in the last few days. I'm talking one owner, barely used models with less than 10K actuations. And the prices are pretty good too.

For a camera that is as perfect as the D700 is, I wonder how many people will regret selling them.

And more importantly, I wonder were I can scare up some money in a hurry in order to buy a few more.....

I do know if I were to buy one that their valuation would drop like a rock. Lol But we're not in this for asset valuation anyways. The 24mp and expeed3 of the 600/610 is tempting but everything else of the 700 is better and more tempting.

Where are you seeing these 700s?

Where are you seeing these 700s?

FS: Nikon D700 + MB-D10 + TONS of extra batteries, Nikon 18-35AFD - FM Forums
FS: D700 body with original box, warranty and FREE accessories - FM Forums
FS: D700 w/ Grip - FM Forums

I'll agree with you on the 24mp and stuff, but its not enough to make me want a D600. I would definitely appreciate a little more resolution, but until I can afford a D4 I'm pretty much staying exactly where I am. I haven't been this completely comfortable and happy with a camera since my D90. I could still kick myself in the ass for selling my D90.

That first one is a great deal. With the "super" battery as I call it which apparently lets the d700 have a higher shutter speed.

Yeah, but you can do the same thing with the grip and some AA batteries.

didn't know that. BUt then I don't have a d700 anyways.

dentist and other bills are trumping having one. And Christmas coming up and kids to buy for.

Can I trade my gripped D7000 for a D700?

Yeah, but you can do the same thing with the grip and some AA batteries.

didn't know that. BUt then I don't have a d700 anyways.

dentist and other bills are trumping having one. And Christmas coming up and kids to buy for.

I am pretty much in the same boat there. That and I'm all canon at the moment. The prices above, sure are tempting to make me switch.

I am pretty much in the same boat there. That and I'm all canon at the moment. The prices above, sure are tempting to make me switch.

and I just paid down my credit card. Tempting ... really tempting but I must resist !!

Canon? Sorry. :lmao:

You know. I never thought of it until I reread your first post

The Nikon Df ... a D700 though updated and and in a vintage body.

I'm not sure though. Is the vintage body as good as the d700s ?

I supposed if I keep my d7000 I would have my video (though on a different camera)
plus the d7000 value $$ seems to be dropping even more and more, and more
and more ...

From what I've seen and read, it's a mag. alloy body on the Df. After looking at it, I really could see it as a street photography body, I mean you pair it with a 35mm prime and maybe carry an ultrawide and a 70-200 zoom. You may not need the other two lenses. Just my thoughts on how I would use it.

Can I trade my gripped D7000 for a D700?

You can.... Question is who's going to part with their d700 for a d7000.

Whenever Nikon comes out with a "hot, new thing" is the time to look on the used market for clean, used gear that is being sold to finance the acquisition of "the hot,new thing". Back when the Nikon D100 hit the market, there was a veritable flood of used Nikkor lenses on the market, and I bought a number of very clean, used Nikkors. Same thing happened when the D200 hit, and when the D3 and D700 models hit the market, there was a FLOOD of used Nikon equipment being traded in and or sold or sold on consignment. The real GAS guys tend to put their items up for sale IMMEDIATELY, before the "wave" hits, and when they can put their gear on the market when it's not flooded with similar items from hordes of other sellers.

Whenever Nikon comes out with a "hot, new thing" is the time to look on the used market for clean, used gear that is being sold to finance the acquisition of "the hot,new thing". Back when the Nikon D100 hit the market, there was a veritable flood of used Nikkor lenses on the market, and I bought a number of very clean, used Nikkors. Same thing happened when the D200 hit, and when the D3 and D700 models hit the market, there was a FLOOD of used Nikon equipment being traded in and or sold or sold on consignment. The real GAS guys tend to put their items up for sale IMMEDIATELY, before the "wave" hits, and when they can put their gear on the market when it's not flooded with similar items from hordes of other sellers.

Hordes of sellers, now that's music to my ears. Other lovely thing I've noticed is the ripple effect in the used market. The guys with the D700's sell, the guys with the 7100's buy those, then sell the 7100's.. yup, it's just a big wave oh love washing up on every shore.. lol

I still want a d6x0 .. uses the same batteries as my d7000.
of course a $1500 d4 would be nice too

Most reactions

Back