A Dark Self Portrait

musicaleCA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It didn't exactly have a happy day today... :lol:

C&C if you want. Strobist info: one flash behind and camera left, set on the stand vertically and flagged on both sides to block horizontal spill. One flash with a 2" cardboard (i.e. ghetto) grid, with a cover on the front with a 1x1" square aimed at the Goorin symbol on the hat. 1/200, f/5.6 (I think), ISO 100 (because there was *still* ambient bleeding in, even with that; need a black backdrop, I do...).

love it! very dark and sinister! looks like it should be a poster for a comic book movie. :D

First, I saw your new avatar and had no idea whatsoever what the image was.

Then, this thread and at first, same thing. lol. Until I read about the hat. I think it needs to be seen as a larger image. But, once I got it, I liked it. Very moody and the little you reveal of your face makes me want to see more. Good deal.

Lots of negative space that is not needed however. Crop it square. Since you're a musician, I can't help of an album cover. You know what I miss most about vinyl? The large covers :lol:

Man, vinyl is good for that. Huge, pretty images. :D

And I like my negative space. Call me crazy. :lol:

Wow Great shot! I think the lighting is awesome. FYI I also love the negative space... I think either way it can go with or without the space.

:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back