A Day for Arrests

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ran across this protest in DC Saturday. Guess the message was No War.

rally begins:
DSC_0049up.jpg

lots of banners:
DSC_0038up.jpg

DSC_0039up.jpg

DSC_0025upload.jpg

a memorial:
DSC_0053up.jpg

speakers included Ghandi's grandson:
DSC_0043up.jpg

time to deliver the names of war dead to Bush:
DSC_0063up.jpg

uh oh:
DSC_0055up.jpg

DSC_0058up.jpg

DSC_0100up.jpg

arrests begin:
DSC_0054up.jpg

ladys waving seems a little unsure of her immediate future:
DSC_0058bup.jpg

spectator:
DSC_0059up.jpg

reading of names of war dead:
DSC_0044up.jpg

DSC_0045up.jpg

father (in shirt with red hearts) of first american beheaded in Iraq:
DSC_0030up.jpg

rally over cleanup begins:
DSC_0078bup.jpg

other political sites:
DSC_0079up.jpg

very peaceful demonstration. interesting day as always in the nations capital, eh?

they crossed the barrier established by the police

Some great shots there. I was really drawn to memorial and spectator. Very strong work.

Yup - protesting deaths but those are pretty much the same crowd protesting FOR abortion - completely ruins their credability in my eyes. Can't have it both ways folks.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Really enjoyed the story, pictures and narration. Three pictures that really stand out for me are the memorial, reading the names of war dead and spectator. In the spectator the woman looks very worried bordering on terrified. The guy is pretty brave handing out the names in a sea of cops.

That sure looked like a small police force compared to the protesters, must of been some tanks hiding around the corner :)

Glad you shared the story with us :)

Nice group of images, very good capture of emotions. All nicely exposed, too.

Great job! :D

Enjoyed the pictures and the words with it.

Great group of shots in story form. Interesting crowd.

Photography has no political boundaries. Whether you’re a liberal, or a conservative, we are all here to enjoy photography.

We are in a politically charged time. We are in the middle of a war with an unknown ending, and approaching a presidential election, so discussion of politics is inevitable.

yep, talking politics is inevitable especially now. however, i do want to make it clear. based on the direction the "man on bench" thread went, that this post was in no way intended to stir up political discussion and i'm glad it didn't. i appreciate everyone's treatment of my thread as photography and nothing more! thank you all for your kind remarks. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back