A day in Hoppy's garden

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So over the weekend the weather forecasters, or idiots as I like to call them, were saying Tuesday was going to be stunning! Great I thought as I'd not been out since Jan 1st when I hurt by back. But and there is always a but! Oh no, last night the forecast had changed to utter pants! Lets just say I wasn't in the best of moods last night.

Anyway woke up this morning and there wasn't a single niggle in my back and my knee felt almost good which meant I was almost in heaven but then I remembered last nights forecast, back down to earth with a bump! But and its another but because as I've said there is always but, upon drawing the curtains ........ SUN! BLUE SKY!

So a quick phone call to Hoppy then I was on a bus then a train to Hoppy's.

So after getting mauled by his little dog and purred on by his cats I was in his hide with the little birdies!!!! OH HAPPY DAYSSSSSSSS

ANYWAY CLICK PHOTOS FOR HIGH RES FEATHERY GOODNESS

1 Fast little buggers

2 HEY!!! Turn round!

7 Then all of a sudden BANG! all the little birdies were gone and all I could hear was the beating of some big wings, OH OH OH I thought it could be a Buzzard or a Kite..... but no it was just a bloody Collard Dove :er:

9 Sometimes it helps if you have a zoom lens, sadly I only had me fixed lens with me :er: would of been nice to of zoomed out to get the whole Robin in

10 and then I got a bit paranoid as I was sure someone was watching me...... There was!
pb_N0H4237.jpg

Yayyyyy! Glad you got out and that it was sunny. Many nice shots here...my faves are #2 (the way it's looking over its shoulder at you!) and 9 (for the lovely detail of de head)

Number 6 is my favorite because it has a lot of nice elements surrounding the bird. But they are all nice shots. You said you were using a fixed lens, just curious, what one?

Hooray for small favors!
I really like both #6 and #9, the detail of the feathers on the robin is beautiful!

They're all lovely, but they've all been done before.
But I am IN LOVE with the last shot. It's brilliant. =)

2 is awesome, and the rest are all similar, but I like the subject and expression in 2 best. And obviously the watching squirrel is cool... I have my spies everywhere.

Yayyyyy! Glad you got out and that it was sunny. Many nice shots here...my faves are #2 (the way it's looking over its shoulder at you!) and 9 (for the lovely detail of de head)

many thanks

Number 6 is my favorite because it has a lot of nice elements surrounding the bird. But they are all nice shots. You said you were using a fixed lens, just curious, what one?

cheers
Lens was the Canon 300mm F2.8 + 2x converter

Hooray for small favors!
I really like both #6 and #9, the detail of the feathers on the robin is beautiful!

many thanks, #6 is my fave also

They're all lovely, but they've all been done before.
But I am IN LOVE with the last shot. It's brilliant. =)

In my mind all photography has been done before, but many thanks

Yep last one is by far my favorite.

last was is a joke in my mind :lol:

2 is awesome, and the rest are all similar, but I like the subject and expression in 2 best. And obviously the watching squirrel is cool... I have my spies everywhere.

cheers for the comments and you better thank your spy as well ;)

Hey Andy! These are great... Love the closeup of the bird.. The colors are great.

Wow, nice, vibrant shots! I love #2 though, he looks like he's giving you the stink eye for taking his photo! You all have some beautiful little bird's in England.

9 is no crime

reminds me of the little dude that visits me a couple of days per year. I do wonder where he gets to for the rest. Is there a good book that studied the Robin?

loving the dove, they're fun to shoot (or attempt to shoot) as well. great collection of real nice shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back