A Day in the Life of the World

Well, I'm in, and hopefully I will be up in the Oregon coastal mtns camping away. Should be lots of good stuff up there to photograph, and a bunch of people doing whatever random things they do when camping.

I've done these projects as World in Pictures Day on a POTD site.

If "FL" is for "Florida," you're GMT-4. That means that your "day" is from 8:00 p.m. on the 28th until 8:00 p.m. on the 29th.

haha I'm in New York and it's the same.

I'm going to have 9 minutes to take the picture.

Explanation: Because I'm Jewish ;) every Friday at Dawn
to Saturday when it's dark I cannot use electricity.
So it starts on Friday at 6:51Pm so I cannot use electricity
till Saturday at 7:51Pm giving me 9 minutes to take the picture.

Don't change your plans this will be a challenge.
By the way does it have to be people?
And if it is people and you were talking about a book
do we need model release forms?

No you don't need model release forms.. Unless we are making a book for profit, then most likely. But if you do a silloette type picture or make the person nonrecognizable then you don't.

No you don't need model release forms.. Unless we are making a book for profit, then most likely. But if you do a silloette type picture or make the person nonrecognizable then you don't.

Even if the people are identifiable and if it is a for-profit book, if the photos are taken in public, you won't need a release.

Gary

haha I'm in New York and it's the same.

I'm going to have 9 minutes to take the picture.

Explanation: Because I'm Jewish ;) every Friday at Dawn
to Saturday when it's dark I cannot use electricity.
So it starts on Friday at 6:51Pm so I cannot use electricity
till Saturday at 7:51Pm giving me 9 minutes to take the picture.

Don't change your plans this will be a challenge.
By the way does it have to be people?
And if it is people and you were talking about a book
do we need model release forms?

Does that include portable (battery) electricity?

Go through the thread. There was no discussion of subject matter. Personally, I would never take a recognizable photograph of any person for this purpose without permission. I consider that to be common courtesy.

What is the plan to post the photos on here? Does it have to be right away, or would it matter if it was a day later? I ask because if I am out camping in the hills, I won't have any access to post. I'll be back on Sunday evening, so if that is an acceptable timeframe then that gets a big "Woohoo"!

I'm all about this! Great idea!
My only quibbles:
It should either be:
1) ONE hour in time. Far more interesting. Make it the best time you can, but don't fret too much over it. If people are into the idea, they'll stay up a little late or get up a little early.
2) If not one hour, one day, set to GMT
Also, I would suggest (and, just my suggestion), it be things people run into that day/hour/whatever... it'd be more interesting than "I really like the sunrise 40 miles away from where I live and where I never am at that time of morning"
Just my thoughts... throw rocks if you must, but keep em small rocks!

I'm all about this! Great idea!
My only quibbles:
It should either be:
1) ONE hour in time. Far more interesting. Make it the best time you can, but don't fret too much over it. If people are into the idea, they'll stay up a little late or get up a little early.
2) If not one hour, one day, set to GMT
Also, I would suggest (and, just my suggestion), it be things people run into that day/hour/whatever... it'd be more interesting than "I really like the sunrise 40 miles away from where I live and where I never am at that time of morning"
Just my thoughts... throw rocks if you must, but keep em small rocks!

We've been there and rejected it. Read through all the posts in the thread.

Most reactions

Back