A DEVELOPING QUESTION

chk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello,
i work for an animation studio in vancouver, bc. we recently started work on an animated short film that involves the animation of watercolor paintings. we are a bit short on our time budget and won't be able to paint each individual frame as we had hoped. however, we will be able to paint the frames in some sort of computer program (photoshop, corel painter, mirage, etc).

the question i have is, what would be the best way of transferring these computer paintings onto different surfaces (like, watercolor paper, wood, a wall, etc). i thought that there might be some sort of photo developing technique we could use. something with chemicals and a projector??

does anyone have any ideas of how we could get these paintings from the computer onto the different surfaces?

i'd really appriciate the help. thanks!

-justin

i know they are emulsion products out there that you can paint on stuff to make photo paper on walls or rocks ect, but you would also prob need a projector to project your image from your computer onto the photo paper. Now i am very very inexperienced with anything of this sort, but i think that would work

I think you could print directly on watercolor paper (have seen gallery prints done this way)

Another possible avenue is to print on sugar paper (like cake decorating) and then put it in place on a wet surface or spray with gentle mist to conform it to the surface. This is only an idea without any experience to say it will work.

thanks very much guys!
two very good suggestions. i'm going to try them out over the weekend and let you know how it went.

does anyone have any more suggetsions?

Most reactions

Back