A Dog's Life...

EmilyM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new here, and new to photography, which means that my photos aren't very good, but I'm trying!! LOL! I have several photos that I like, but I thought I'd start by posting these (sorry about the size difference- I don't have the original of the first, unfortunately). They are pictures of my dogs (who are my favorite subjects, I have 3 dogs). Anyway, here they are, I appreciate any advice or comments.

Sydcase.jpg

DSCF0533.jpg

Welcome to TPF Emily, chocolate labs? I love the expression on the dog in the first shot but i dont like how his backend and legs are cut off and i want to see the other dogs face as well, I think it would look cool with a really tight crop on just their heads down to the collar . The second shot is great but could be a tad brighter as the detail is lost in his/her fur. Anyway, good shots and beautiful dogs!

-Joe

Thanks for the comments! One is chocolate, the other is black. I also have a yellow. I'm sure you will see plenty of pictures of them as I try to learn more about this stuff, lol! Thanks again!

I thought I'd post these two from today to get some feedback. They're also pictures of my dogs. I appreciate any comments! :D
DSCF0728.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

Your pics are pretty good, I do think the first photo on your second post could benefit from a tighter crop on the bottom though...;)

awww....a dog with a stick in his mouth is a happy dog! :D

On those shots of the full body, I'd take care that you don't cut off the feet or tails. :) I think the closeups are the most effective ones here.

i like them both Emily, but I agree about the crop off the bottom and try not to chop off the top of the head, maybe just me but the eye "gook" is grossing me out, I hate dog eye gook. I like the second but again with the tighter crop. Cant wait to see more!:thumbup:

-Joe

Thanks everyone! I am just learning, so I appreciate all comments. I prefer the closeups as well. And I apologize for the eye goo...I didn't even notice it until I looked at the pictures. He's difficult to photograph, so I have to be quick which may be why the top of his head is chopped off. I'm really bad about that with Casey.

Again, thank you for all the feedback! I greatly appreciate it!

Joerocket said:
maybe just me but the eye "gook" is grossing me out, I hate dog eye gook.

LOL :lmao:

me too! maybe its a lab thing. my choc lab puppy constantly has eye boogies and my wife laughs at me because I have an "issue" with it and clean her face off all the time.

your labs are beautiful emily. just keep taking pics, lots and lots of pics. of these, the first is my favorite, but i too wish i could see the face of the other dog. thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back