A door into the unknown

AdamZx3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pic's from todays trip, went to try and photograph some critters in the woods and found this cabin.
539917021_cb34f2185b_o.jpg

539917515_45a480641e_o.jpg

540004629_fe00527964_o.jpg

539713862_633a481421_o.jpg

I needed to go back for number 3 when there wasn't such harsh light but the bugs where eating me alive! that one is using a infrared PS filter.

Smaller pics are on my flickr... are these to big to post or would a max height/width of 800 pixels be better? i'm running at 1920x1200 so its hard for me to tell.

I would really like some C&C , i'm trying to progress as fast as I can

Of all these, I like the first best. It is clearest and the texture of both door and lock show best.
That one's followed by the last, though I feel that last one might be a bit oversharpened? Could be my eyes, though...

Have you ever found out what is inside this hut/cabin?

Image one works better than number two. Four has some nice qualities but number three seems out of focus.

Rusty Tripod

Thanks guys,

I agree #2 isn't as good, I did notice the out of focus problem while processing it but thought i'd throw it in there.

#3 is indeed a bit soft now that I look at it again (at 1am it slipped by lol) I was bluring the noise in the Lightness channel in lab mode...but got a bit carried away...fixed the noise though :) I'm going to try and new IR technique on it again so i'll take care of the blur

4. I agree as well..it was same symptom as above, lack of sleep :) A bit to much, I do tend to like my images sharp, but I think I could lay off the gas pedal on this one, it seems to be taking away detail once resized.

thanks guys I really do appreciate the C&C, keep it coming

i like the first shot as well.. very mysterious, almost cinematic

Lafoto:
Sorry forgot to answer your question, I have been inside, the cabin is owned by my grandfather, I guess it used to be an old "sugar shack" that they used to make maple syrup in the 40's before he bought the property. There's nothing much in there except a dirt floor, a fireplace, and some junk tins.

prlaserbean:
Thanks, I can almost see the girl from the movie "The Grudge" poking her head through the crack in the door :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back