A family freaked when I pulled out my camera.

Nothing serious, but a funny situation. Today I was sitting at a stoplight in my car, and saw a hot air balloon just launching up. I had my XSi with 70-200 f/2.8L IS and 2x extender attached (hood on the 70-200 of course). I rolled down my window, and held it outside to take a shot. 2 kids in the backseat of a car next to me got frightened, and the mom & dad yelled "What the heck is that???" The Rebel series bodies only make the white glass look bigger. Not to mention, hood attached and 2x on there.
This reminds me of Blazing Saddles...

"Excuse me while I whip this out!"
just be glad you weren't using the sigma monster lens (that 200-500mm f2.8!) Now that really is a rocket launcher (it even comes in green!)
And for the price, you could buy a rocket launcher on the black market... err, so I've heard.

not only that, but they have weak optics too - oh they might have a fancy viewfinder, but its so small even on a crop sensor camera
and that big hole?
its just one long extension tube - way overpriced for that

If they know what a car is then why are they shocked to see a camera? People make me wonder sometimes.. lol
I know it! Society has become suck a Moronathon anymore, when it comes to people with non- P&S/Cell cameras.

I never seem to get that kind of reaction with my little rangefinder.. :(

holy paranoia!

I've had quite the reactions to my lens with hood on, but not because they didn't know what it was, mostly because they are shocked I can hold that sucker up!

My EF 400 f/2.8 always attracts unwanted attention when I don't have time to spare to get the shot
Me005copy.jpg

My EF 400 f/2.8 always attracts unwanted attention when I don't have time to spare to get the shot
Me005copy.jpg

Jesus man! That's bigger than my telescope!

Damn, the lens has it's own strap...

I never seem to get that kind of reaction with my little rangefinder.. :(

isnt one of the advantages of the rangefinder stealth? i thought thats why alot of journalists gravitate towards leica Mssss. and theyre compact.

If I was the one in the car next to you, I would have probably be scared and surprised too. LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back