A family Outing

Joerocket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I drove up to Elmira today, a small Mennonite town just south of where I live. This is my first attempt at "shooting from the hip" I only got a couple shots off though. I wanna go back soon to get some horse and buggy shots.

family_outing.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Joe

Thanks Alex and Ray. Yes, they have a very beautiful culture.Some day in the summer I wanna get enough guts to go to a farm and see if they'll let me spend the day taking pics while they do chores and stuff.

-Joe

I'm not familiar with Mennonite (similar to Amish?) but I love how the glove of the little girl is trailing by her boot :)

puzzle said:
I'm not familiar with Mennonite (similar to Amish?) but I love how the glove of the little girl is trailing by her boot :)

Yes similar, not sure of the difference, but I think they are more open to the some modern ways

like the tones! nice shot... wish there was more place over the head though..
thanks for sharing

Jeff Canes said:
Yes similar, not sure of the difference, but I think they are more open to the some modern ways

Yea Jeff , your on the right track, but as far as I know there are old world mennonite and new world. The new world mennonites are the ones you are talking about, but the old world would be alot more like what you would picture as Amish.

-Joe

I turned it black and white for Johnboy and left a little room over the heads for Mansi.

family_outing_bw.jpg

Thanks again everyone for all the comments!

-Joe

Nice shot, the thing that I keep noticing is the Nike swoosh on the kids scarf, I guess i find it ironic...

Hmm, I see what your seeing, but I dont think its a nike swoosh. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mennonite wearing a nike scarf, but I don't think that would be the case here, judging by the rest of their clothing, good eye though, I didn't notice it at all. Then again, thinking about it, they do often shop at second hand stores so I suppose it could be.

-Joe

Most reactions

Back