A fast shutter speed is not always the anwer to movement...

If you forget the slow-shutter trick for a moment and focus on composition, I think you'll agree that the frame doesn't look balanced. In my opinion, it needs more room to the right of the truck, and also less sky (or maybe sky with some clouds, because right now the top looks like a lot of negative space). I suppose that creating a balanced composition is a challenge with a moving camera :)

Other than that, I'll go against the grain and say that I find the image intriguing, and wonder where this experiment is going to lead you.

Thanks, Frederico. In this particular instance I'm going to say that the composition is not even an afterthought - I was just trying to see if this mad idea has any merit. Of about 20 that I took, this one is the only one that was even semi-decent - but it did serve to show that the technique has promise. I too, am curious as to where this will lead - I've got to get a feeling for how to make it work more or less with purpose, and then, I'll be looking for suitable subjects to immortalize. Might even be able to squeeze some composition in, but no promises yet.

Thank you, Nandakumar! Hopefully, when I start getting better at this, you'll have something more to cheer.

Hey pgriz!! Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone!! :hugs: Sometimes that's half the battle. (I know...lol)
I agree w/ Tee, you are on to something here. It almost feels like you have a swirl of motion. The bottom has movement that is going to the right and the yellow grass feels like it's moving to the left. =) Very cool.
I have an idea for ya...I'll PM. ;)

Loved the idea. Now to find the suitable subject. And you're getting what I was looking at - the blurs are all over the place in terms of direction and length, and there's got to be away to have them express the interior beauty of a subject. Just got to get better at this. I'm also looking forward to what you'll be coming up with. However, with the storm coming, perhaps you don't have to do any movement, it will take care of that for you! Be safe.

Most reactions

Back