A Few B&W's for critique

Foxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few of the shots I've taken lately have come out better when I converted them to B&W. I know B&W is all about the contrast, lighting makes or breaks the picture. So tell me, how are these and what could I have done different/should watch for next time?

As always, thanks for any feedback :)

solitude_by_pianoblack97-d4bfv56.jpg

strangers_in_the_night_by_pianoblack97-d4bfve2.jpg

goodmorning_by_pianoblack97-d4b97sx.jpg

With #1, crop 1/3 (or even a little more) off of the LH side, and I think you've got a winner. The other two... ehhh....

I love the idea for #1, I like the original crop better :) I don't think it is as sharp as it could be, it might even be a little soft. I would try and re-shoot it and maybe expose it about a stop more :)

I agree with MissCream on #1. I liked it better how it was. #2 could do with cropping about half of the left hand side off, maybe a little less. Although, it'd be better if there was some obvious subject. Like tail lights off in the distance. Something to give it meaning. The last picture suffers from that as well. You could add a hand written note that's mostly out of picture, but you could read "I miss you" or something like that on the part that is visible. It would add an emotional tone to the image. I dunno. I do like the first one tho :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back