A few Berlin Shots

West_Berliner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I went on a trip to Germany and France in May, and I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to post a few shots here and get some feedback!

All shots were taken with a D70, mostly with the kit lens, and the last Potzdamer Platz shot was taken with a 50mm f/1.8

Der Bundestag
183614427_8ac91ebea8_o.jpg

Fernsehturm mit Reichstagkuppel
183613999_465bba5b1b_o.jpg

Die Siegesäule
182240248_e5479be3d3_o.jpg

Unter den Linden
182239669_f025864527_o.jpg

Sonnenuntergang am Warschauerstraße, Berlin
182239613_3d265625b5_o.jpg

Coca-Cola und die Mauer (Potzdamer Platz)
182239273_18dedc7521_o.jpg

looking forward to reading what you think!
Mike

Hallo "West Berliner", and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
By the look of things "half of Canada" (erm ... ) travelled to Berlin and France in May ... in other words: our member Remi.M did, too. And Remi.M now has one referral in his/her profile - could that be you? Did the two of you go on that trip together? Do you know each other?

To your photos: all six of them are good. No doubt.
The caption of the second has a tiny grammatical error, leave out the apostrophe and the m and put the words "Reichstag" and "Kuppel" together as one and you got it right. ;)

Personally I like the last one best of all. That one was taken in the dark, wasn't it? Bold colours ... I really like those.

And yours and Remi.M's photos show me ever so clearly that it is about time for me to go and take a new look at Berlin ... it's been 22 years since I was there last :roll: It IS about time!

Hallo La Foto!
Yes! We went together, haha, I've known Remi M. since I was much much younger (19 now,so still pretty young :p). I havent had the time to look through all my paris photos yet, but I'll do that once I am done sorting through my photos from Germany!

I'm very happy to hear that you like all the pics. there are more on my flickr page (www.flickr.com/photos/west_berliner) but i thought these were the best out of the batch i uploaded.

The last shot is one of my favorites from my whole trip. It was taken at night with my 50mm f/1.8 camera.

I'll remember the grammatical note....sometimes i still make those mistakes....plus i wasnt exactly 100% awake when i wrote it, and german isnt my first language.

Either way Danke schön!!!! (ill go fix it too :p)

Mike

But you DO speak German, else you would not have chosen THIS VERY text for your signature, right?

I am liking Unter den Linden the best. Although they are all very good shots.

I, too, love the colors in Coca-Cola und die Mauer (Potzdamer Platz)...but for some reason the Coca-Cola thing takes away from the feel of the graffiti....to me.

LaFoto, ja! natürlich! :)

MightyLeeMoon, Thanks! I like how the viginetting added to the Unter den Linden shot.

Great shots mike. Makes me feel like I was there.......HAH

But seriously, my favorite is the first one. Great job.

Oh, Potz Blitz, it is not Potzdamer Platz but Potsdamer Platz ... I always felt something was striking me as odd until it registered :D.

And have I mentioned that I also like the sunset on Warschauer Straße?

damn... you know what?! 3 weeks ago (or even 2) I was in berlin and I couldn't find an interesting subject to photograph GRRRR and those are amazing!

mentos, dzieki. Berlin to ciekawe miasto. najlepiej to caly czas miec aparat przy sobie :)

thanks Remi M. haha, yeah, its like you were there...:p

LaFoto, no you didnt, but im glad you mentioned it now :)

West_Berliner said:
mentos, dzieki. Berlin to ciekawe miasto. najlepiej to caly czas miec aparat przy sobie :)

thanks Remi M. haha, yeah, its like you were there...:p

LaFoto, no you didnt, but im glad you mentioned it now :)

O rany :) jak miło :) Miałam cały czas przy sobie ale bardziej skupiłam się na mundialu gdy tam byłam :) Pozdrawiam :) Ola

oh lol :) how nice :) I had the cam all the time with me but I concentrated mostly on mundial shots during my stay there... :) cheers :)

Most reactions

Back