A few early photos for C&C

anm90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are just a few images that I took for my high school photography class in senior year. These were taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3. C&C is welcome.

P1020668.jpg

P1020754.jpg

P1020709.jpg

4. This one was taken on black and white 35mm film, don't remember the exact camera. I believe it was a Canon EOS of some sort.

guitarpicturewatermarked.jpg

Last edited:
from a noob.. what is c&c...??

These are all unedited by the way. How would I correct for the bland/washed out skies? I'm very new to photoshop as well so any help is appreciated.

Thank you. The last one was one of my best pictures from that class.

o..lol...thanks..

These are all unedited by the way. How would I correct for the bland/washed out skies? I'm very new to photoshop as well so any help is appreciated.

You can try adjusting the Levels in Photoshop, but it's going to be hard to darken an overblown sky. Same thing with the dark image. Very hard to lighten a dark image without adding noise. Best to learn how to proply expose a photo.

As far as bland skies.....wait for sunrise/sunset.

I do like the last one though. :thumbup:

You can try adjusting the Levels in Photoshop, but it's going to be hard to darken an overblown sky. Same thing with the dark image. Very hard to lighten a dark image without adding noise. Best to learn how to proply expose a photo.

Unfortunately the camera I have has no manual controls for aperture / shutter speed etc so I was relying on its internal sensors for proper exposure. It's mostly just a point and shoot camera and I was trying to get the best pictures I could out of what I had. I might fool around with them in photoshop tonight to see what I can get.

Unfortunately the camera I have has no manual controls for aperture / shutter speed etc so I was relying on its internal sensors for proper exposure. It's mostly just a point and shoot camera and I was trying to get the best pictures I could out of what I had. I might fool around with them in photoshop tonight to see what I can get.

I figured there were no manual controls. You best bet is to play around in Photoshop and save your money for your Nikon D90. :mrgreen:

Listen to this man. HikinMike has some of the best landscape shots I have seen. Learn about proper exposure. The book Understanding Exposure is a wonderful book to learn from.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261662104&sr=8-1

Edit: Seems like you probably have a pretty good understanding of exposure but you fell victim to a point and shoot camera. I like your last shot that was done on film. I still really enjoy that book so it might be something to check out.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Did a few quick changes to the levels on that first photo and I think the sky looks a bit better. Does it need to be changed more drastically than this?

P1020668edited.jpg

I also found a couple of other photos that I liked. C&C is welcome.

P1020425watermarked.jpg

P1020426watermarked.jpg

Did a few quick changes to the levels on that first photo and I think the sky looks a bit better. Does it need to be changed more drastically than this?

I also found a couple of other photos that I liked. C&C is welcome.

It looks better, but the glare on the water is distracting. Honestly, that photo has nothing interesting to draw me in the photo. If there was a beautiful sunset, then you might have something there, but as it is right now, it just doesn't do anything for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back