A few first nature shots

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi im just getting into photography and i love it. I saw a cool little stream by my house and decided to take some shots to try out taking pictures of nature. Tell me what you think. *please excuse the poor scan quality*

waterfall-1.jpg

flower-1.jpg

Good long exposure effects. I like both of them. What camera/lens/film? I'd be able to comment a bit more if they were a bit bigger.

The camera is really old actually, its my moms old minolta xg9. It was made in 1979 haha. I found it in her room and asked her if i can use it and i have been trying to learn on it. The lens is a Vivitar 28-70mm and the film i believe was just Fuji Super HQ 200

resized the pictures a little bit

The camera is really old actually, its my moms old minolta xg9. It was made in 1979 haha. I found it in her room and asked her if i can use it and i have been trying to learn on it. The lens is a Vivitar 28-70mm and the film i believe was just Fuji Super HQ 200

Hey, very cool. Both my film cameras are old like that -- in fact the Spotmatic is from 1964.

I take it you have a tripod since you did these long exposures. If you like doing nature photography, can I recommend maybe using some Fuji Velvia 100 film? You'd probably like the results. It's a bit of a "slower" film so sometimes a tripod is needed in lower light. But it is slide film, so I'm not sure if places like CVS and whatnot process it. It's best to ask where you get your film developed first.

It's a good start definitely. Maybe next time when you get your film developed, ask for them to scan it there so you can share it with us a little bit larger. They'll actually scan the film rather than the print, and that tends to turn out better in my experience.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more, keep on shootin'. :thumbup:

Thanks Cigrainger. I have thought about asking them to just scan it for me but it costs more doesnt it? And me being just a student right now kind of determines how much i spend on developing film. I dont think i have ever seen that type film but ill keep an eye out for it. Only thing is that I'm not too sure where too many places that develop film are other than cvs or like target or some place like that.

Most reactions

Back